WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

It's mainly recent comments that I've seen bounced around. A lot of praise, and a high placement in the UKFF 50, are all great signs but some smatterings of negativity here and there. That, and my disappointment in GTA5, are making RDR2 feel like that film that everyone loves apart from a few sharp jabs from critics. I'll be out to make up my own mind though.

I couldn't stand GTA V, hated all 3 characters and all the "social commentary" that plagued it.

RDR2 is the opposite, Arthur is brilliant and they manage to hit all the political stuff out of the park. Sadly Rockstars own internal politics are shit.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Grecian said:

There's no online MP, just local. Not played multiplayer on it, though. 

If you ever get round to trying out the local multiplayer. It'll be good to know your opinion of it, and how it compares with the single player experience. 

• Paid Members

Next month's Games With Gold have been announced. 

Gears Of War 4 & Forza 6 on your XBox One, Torchlight and CastleVania: Lords Of Shadow on yer 360 or by backwards compatibility.

Sony are announcing next month's PlayStation Plus games tomorrow at 4.30uk time. 

Forager. I can’t decide whether I like it or not. There’s no doubt that the gameplay loop is addictive. But there’s also no doubt in my mind that the loop is kinda...repetitive and uninteresting. Yet I can’t stop playing it. 

• Moderators

@JLM  I beat the fucking heart for the first time, finally!! I have no one else to share this news with. Done with the Ironclad and what I thought was a pretty bloated deck tbh, but with some great cards in it - barricade, 2x entrench+ and demon form, so once I got a good buffer of block built up it was comfortable. But I was just desparately turtling until then (and even then pretty much playing nothing attacking unless I drew Body Slam).

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Love a good Spire-Slaying tale. One of the great benefits of rogue-likes and procedurally generated games is that they create endless unique player stories. Left 4 Dead was one of the greatest of all time for this. Also I love a good tanky body slam deck with the Iron Lad. 

Glad you got into the game @Chest Rockwell, it’s definitely in my top 5 games of all time and I cannot wait for that fourth character. 

The Switch release has been a great excuse to start all over again. Got my second ever Ascension 20 heart kill with The Silent recently and currently chipping away at Ironclad, up to 15 so far. I’ve done everything in my power to burn myself out and get sick of the game but it just isn’t happening. 

In other gaming news I got first place in SF4 and second in Samurai Shodown at my local monthly tournament last Sunday. SamSho is so unbelievably tense to play in tournament. Every decision could be yo’ ass in that game. 

• Paid Members

I've plateaued with Slay the Spire - I'm at A12 with the Ironclad, A7 with the Silent and A9 with the Defect. I start with a plan in mind then I get distracted by a shiny card! 

I also need to learn to take my time on turns rather than just rushing through - like when I have relics where I gain strength if I used 3 attacks or whatever, but I end my turn like a twat. 

FIFA 19 has been added to EA Access.  Just played the opening match and it felt a bit sluggish.  I know it's got pelters but is that because of how FUT centric it is or is it a shit game and I should stick to playing FIFA 17?

• Paid Members

They're all the same tbh. FIFA 20 will have Volta though, which is a small-sided games mode including five a side, futsal, street etc by the looks of it. I'm going to be obsessed with that mode, it looks ace. I'm going to create a player called Garry Bacon and nutmeg him so hard every match to the point where he can only breathe through his mouth.

• Paid Members

Apparently due to something being discovered on Steam before it should have been Capcom have been forced to drop the trailer for their next round of Street Fighter 5 characters ahead of EVO this weekend. 

I like how Honda has been redesigned, and the trailer for him is nice. Plus some of his moves look like they're even more authentically sumo. That costume in the suit is pretty sweet. 

Lucia is one of the selectable characters from Final Fight 3 on the SNES. 

Poison is Poison. She's got a new design and haircut. They've also apparently had to censor her super/ultra as it was a bit raunchy in Ultra SF4. 

Still no Dan, though. 

12 hours ago, PunkStep said:

They're all the same tbh. FIFA 20 will have Volta though, which is a small-sided games mode including five a side, futsal, street etc by the looks of it. I'm going to be obsessed with that mode, it looks ace. I'm going to create a player called Garry Bacon and nutmeg him so hard every match to the point where he can only breathe through his mouth.

Honoured. I don’t even come in this thread often but was inexplicably pulled in here today #THEANGLESAREREAL #spookylol