WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Finished up Detroit Become Human over the weekend and instead of waiting for the next free PS Plus titles I think I’m gonna pop to the shops to pick up some new PS4 games today or tomorrow, I’ve played most of the AAA titles, I was looking at maybe getting Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3(it’s only £20 in CEX) or Persona 5.

Also I loved the Yakuza games so Judgement might be a definite buy, anyone have any recommendations?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Finished up Detroit Become Human over the weekend and instead of waiting for the next free PS Plus titles I think I’m gonna pop to the shops to pick up some new PS4 games today or tomorrow, I’ve played most of the AAA titles, I was looking at maybe getting Days Gone, Kingdom Hearts 3(it’s only £20 in CEX) or Persona 5.

Also I loved the Yakuza games so Judgement might be a definite buy, anyone have any recommendations?

The Fist Of The North Star game is meant to be good if you're a fan of the Yakuza games. 

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

There's an expanded version of Persona 5 set for release next year, so might be best to wait.

Judgment is a good shout, though there is no Karaoke if that's something you enjoyed from Yakuza. Apparently they didn't want to pay the VA's fee to sing.

As jazzy posted Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise is worth a punt. Uses the same engine as old Yakuza games.

Judgment uses the new engine.

I've started playing Hitman again on the PS4. I very much want to be good at it as it's my type of game (Loved the Splinter Cell series). I'm stuck on the first mission (Paris). Any hints or tips?

• Paid Members

I see Nintendo have announced the Switch Lite. Smaller screen with higher pixel density. Pure handheld to cut some costs. You can't TV out, but apparently you can hook a Pro pad up to it. It's got a proper D-pad though. It's going to be a good bit cheaper than a regular switch as well. Launches on September 20th with a special Pokémon edition in November. Maybe I will get to play the new Animal Crossing sooner than I thought. 

Animal Crossing was put back to March wasn't it? 

I only ever play the Switch handheld unless me and the kids play Mario Kart. I'd definitely recommend a cheaper hand held only model. I've hardly used my pro controller. I wonder if they'll do a fancy one with chunkier joy cons, proper analogues and a decent bloody kickstand.

• Paid Members

I was wondering  whether they'd do a  "pro" console version as well which is like a docked version with real controllers.

They moved Animal Crossing back because they appear to not want to "crunch" their programmers. Hopefully it won't be too much like the mobile version. I tend to only really use the Wii U's tablet rather than through the TV.

The rumour mill for months has been that two new versions were on the way. A cheaper entry level system and an upgraded "pro" version. Seems an obvious move based on the history of the 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS, New 3DS XL, New 2DS etc.

A Switch Lite bundle with Pokémon Sword/Shield is going to be massive this Christmas. No doubt about that.

I actually want one even though I have a switch, numerous joycons and a pro controller already. What an IDIOT I am.

• Awards Moderator

Based on it's success in the Top 50 chart I managed to wrest the Switch away from my son so I can have a go through Breath of the Wild, finally.

I'm not quite off the Grand Plateau or whatever it's called yet, but it's bloody hard for a Zelda game at first isn't it? I must've died a dozen times already. And the lack of handholding is... unnverving. I don't dislike it, but it has a slightly grumpy edge to it that you're dumped in a world with not a lot of guidance.

I'm not giving up, but it's a shock to the system after years of heavily curated Zelda experiences.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

I'm not quite off the Grand Plateau or whatever it's called yet, but it's bloody hard for a Zelda game at first isn't it? I must've died a dozen times already. And the lack of handholding is... unnverving. I don't dislike it, but it has a slightly grumpy edge to it that you're dumped in a world with not a lot of guidance.

I'm not giving up, but it's a shock to the system after years of heavily curated Zelda experiences.

I've watching the missus play through the game and she echos these thoughts. There's not much in terms of tutorials and teaching you the mechanics, it's pretty much a trial by fire. She's died plenty of times due to the hard nature of the game but I think it's a lot more organic that way. Reminds me of Binding Of Issac where it's up to the player to figure out how the world works.

It's comparative to where you are in the game power and ability wise. So the more powerful you are the harder enemies are. I find the Lynels much harder than Ganon but at the same time one powered up strike will take out most Talus' and Giants.