WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

3 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

It’s a real shame that the EA UFC games are so shit compared to the earlier THQ games. 

Is there anyway (without modding my PS4) that I can play them now ?

In a similar note , where there ever any great MMA games released in Japan that might have flown under the radar ?

Not a Japanese only release but the Pride game on PS2 was brilliant fun, it has a small but great roster.

I went to Insomnia 65 yesterday and it may have been the smallest "big" gaming convention ever, it's never been on the EGX scale but it's usually not that far off when I've gone but this year it only took up a single smaller room with around 10 indie games and a single big Sony game in the MediEvil reboot. Nintendo had the biggest showing and I got to try the new Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion 3 which were both great looking. Borderlands 3 feels exactly like 2 to the point it came across as more of an expansion then a sequel.

I still had fun with what was there but choosing to put on such an event at the same time as Gamescom is suicide.

• Moderators

Great game. Loads of fun, pretty deep and complex creation system too. Played it first off a  friend and the free Pride DVD that came with it was actually what introduced me to Pride (and mma in general) in the first place. I think it had that classic Don Frye vs Takayama fight on it.

27 minutes ago, KJHenley said:

That game was cracking, Semmy Schilt front kick for the win.

Royce Gracie for me. I lent the game to some mates and they'd been playing it non-stop and thought they were the shit, turns out they'd not been too good at the ground game so I tapped them both out over and over.

Probably the only time I've ever felt like I was good at a game.

Anyone give me some suggestions regarding where to look if I'm after a cheap PS4? Feel like making the jump over from XBOX One considering all my mates are on it and I fancy a change. Open to trading in the console and some of the games if anyone can point me in the right direction for the best prices. 

CEX sell PS4’s for £165

If you’re trading in your X-Box One and games you’ll probably only have to pay a small fraction on top or maybe nothing at all depending on what games you’ll be trading in.

You can check prices on their website, do the math and then pop into your local store.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Cheers chaps, I'll hold on to the XBONE for a few more weeks until finance goes in, then pop down. Turns out I have less games to trade in than I thought, so might end up paying a bit more. 

Would anyone with a PS4 recommend it highly over an XBOX? Big advantage currently is being able to game-share and share Live between two console, is there a similar system with the Playstation? Any nod in the direction of some games to check out appreciated also.

I'd recommend a PS4 over the XBOX but that's mainly down to my taste in games, console exclusives like the Yakuza series, Bloodborne, Odin Sphere, Horizon: Zero Dawn and Persona 5 are far more my kinda games than what Microsoft currently offer.

You can gameshare but I've never tried it, heard you can get banned if you do it with three or more consoles.

The backwards compatibility program is the only real edge the Xbox has as far as game go imo. Currently playing Arkham Origins on my X, other than that it's my media player.

On the PS4. The Yakuza remaster collection (3, 4 & 5) is up on the store for £49.99. Only Yakuza 3 (almost entirely uncut now, other than I think a couple of missions that were also cut from the Japanese version) is currently available to download right now with 4 & 5 being released later.

£49.99 for three Yakuza games is a fucking bargain.

I wouldn't mind a pro but I've already got a standard 1tb. I reckon I might be able to trade it in and replace it with a pro without my fine lady finding out but is the upgrade worth it? I'm half tempted to trade the Xbox in as I've Ralphy'd that son of a bitch since I bought it but I'm interested to see what the next gen streaming service will be like, especially if Stadia works well.