WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Picked up a Roguelike beat em up called Streets Of Red on PS4 this morning. Was £6.39. The fighting is good, there's a nice little thing where if you finish the enemy with your special you get extra money to buy upgrades. The retro pixel style graphics may not be to everybody's liking, but it plays alright and there are lots of nods to classic games and horror. The first level is a sewer not dissimilar to the third level in the Konami Turtles arcade game, and the boss is a mad scientist fly hybrid. It looks like it'll be a good one to sink more time into alongside a friend. 

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Uninstall it and play a better game.

Awful take. FC5 is bags of fun. Nothing groundbreaking but a real solid open world shooter. 

As someone mentioned above, do all the side quests and mini-missions that you can before taking on the big stuff as those upgrades will help massively. Take each area as it comes, complete 100% and then move onto the next. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I remember Mario Paint was £80 for the SNES when it was released around 25 years ago. Eighty quid! It did come with a mouse, though.

That's about £163 adjusted for inflation. Robbing cunt, Mario. 

Waited all day to fire up Days Gone. Only to start it and realise my R2 button isn't working properly. I can't accelerate properly on the bike. I tried it on Mad Max too and it's the same.

Guess I need a new pad. Sigh.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Apparently the Switch version of MK11 works flawlessly at 60fps BUT the cart doesn't even have the game on it, you're still forced to download the whole thing?

It's like a 20gb download. A fair few switch games are like that. Presumably to keep costs down.

The most fun game I've played this year is probably Wario Ware Gold on my 3DS, or Forza Horizon 3 on my XBox One. 

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

What’s the most fun game you’ve played this year ?

Batman PSVR. Approximately 1 hour of gameplay but just so much fun packed into it. 

• Paid Members

I've just picked up a PS4 with Fallout & spider-mon. 

What would the good people of the Ukff recommend I pick up from the back catalogue? GOW & Farcry are on the list as it stands.

12 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Apparently the Switch version of MK11 works flawlessly at 60fps BUT the cart doesn't even have the game on it, you're still forced to download the whole thing?

WWE2k and NBA2k were like that too. Only about 6gb is on the cart. I had WWE2k and even with the massive download was shit and took it back a couple of days later (the advantage of the the cart) 

Edited by westlondonmist