WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Conan Exiles is that MMO isn't it? The Surge sounds interesting if you're a fan of the "Soulsbourne" style. I might give that a little look. 

I reckon Sony are definitely working on their own version of a game pass. This month is so underwhelming and they've done away with the cool little indie games and VR stuff that they used to pad it out with. I don't think we'll get all first party games like Xbox but I hope they're working on something better than this scaled down PS Plus we've had the last couple of months.

• Awards Moderator
5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon Sony are definitely working on their own version of a game pass.

How does this differ from PS+? 

I'm not altogether au fait with the game pass but is it not like a much better version of ps now with all first party games on it? I'd hope by next gen PlayStation will have something closer to that. I know we won't be getting The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding as part of a sub service, not as long as they are the market leaders, but a better version of PS Now with the added features of PS + would be nice.

Game Pass: All games downloadable, exclusives usually go on there on release.

PS Now: PS4 games are downloadable, everything else is streaming.

Funnily enough I signed up for Now today and I'm quite happy with it so far. Only played PS3 games so far (what finally enticed me) and they are working fine, though I'm on fibre optic.

Currently playing Ninja Gaiden 2.

• Paid Members

Picked up Parappa The Rapper & Parappa 2 in a sale on PSN, both for about £6.50 altogether. The level baking the cake is ridiculous because Cheap Cheap Chicken has a really interesting flow to her lyrics, and apparently there's some input lag when playing on an HD TV. Not a fun time. Classic games, though. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I couldn't play the HD version due to input lag on my awful HDTV from Tesco, it doesn't even have a game mode.

Apparently there's a setting where you can get your pad to vibrate as a prompt of the button press. I may try and find this. 

13 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Picked up Parappa The Rapper & Parappa 2 in a sale on PSN, both for about £6.50 altogether. The level baking the cake is ridiculous because Cheap Cheap Chicken has a really interesting flow to her lyrics, and apparently there's some input lag when playing on an HD TV. Not a fun time. Classic games, though. 

When I had this on the PS1 I was stuck on that level for a good few hours.

Crack Crack Crack The Egg Into The Bowl

• Paid Members

Started playing Grim Fandango last night on the Vita. My first time playing it and, despite the controls be slightly awkward, it's fucking lovely, isn't it? It's aged tremendously well. The scene where you first meet the mechanic had me laughing like a fool.

• Paid Members

It's input reading at its finest. MK3 in the arcade is the worst though. It's all about finding a pattern to exploit. 

Street Fighter 2' and Hyper Fighting are bad as well. The AI checks what your character is doing at set intervals, then reacts accordingly, but any special moves come out instantly without any need for execution so you get such lovely effects as "walk forward flash kick" from Guile. 

On 3/6/2019 at 11:03 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

For anyone that still hasn’t got Red Dead Redemption 2, the standard edition is available new in CEX for £25 on both XboxOne & PS4

Is there anything major I would be missing if I got a 2nd hand standard copy of RDR2?

Also, anyone know where the cheapest place is to get a (official) PS4 controller? They seem to be £50 new most places and even 2nd hand only seem to drop to around £45.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Started playing Grim Fandango last night on the Vita. My first time playing it and, despite the controls be slightly awkward, it's fucking lovely, isn't it? It's aged tremendously well. The scene where you first meet the mechanic had me laughing like a fool.

Such a fond memory of playing through that for the first time. It had such an unusual mature, melancholy vibe yet still packed with gags. Love the soundtrack too. 

I own the remaster but have never touched it. Quietly hoping it wouldn't ruin my memory of it.