WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

58 minutes ago, DJM said:

Is there anything major I would be missing if I got a 2nd hand standard copy of RDR2?

Also, anyone know where the cheapest place is to get a (official) PS4 controller? They seem to be £50 new most places and even 2nd hand only seem to drop to around £45.

I got an Official White One on Amazon for £40 last week, I assume the white ones are cheaper due to it being easier to get dirty.

Also I Picked up RDR2 from CEX for £25, they had dozens of copies brand new sealed.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Is there anything major I would be missing if I got a 2nd hand standard copy of RDR2?

Not at all. The special edition tiers consist of GTA Online currencies, in game weapons and a better horse. I think only the top level special edition has items you can't get through natural gameplay. 

• Moderators

Anyone ever had an issue with Xbox Live Gold renewal? The past few months, I noticed it didn't let me download the Games with Gold for free as though I wasn't a member, even though my account said I was, they still came up in the GWG sidebar, and I was still playing games online (which you can only do with Gold). Just went to play Overwatch, which I played yesterday just fine, and it said I needed to sign up for Gold. First time didn't go through, so I did it again, and it worked, and it looks like I've been billed for both.

I always had it set to auto renew, but checking my order history, it didn't go through this month, and AFAIK there's no problem with my card. I guess there can't be if the purchase went through right now. Anyone ever had something like this?

Also, it's been a while since I got the monthly invoice, but I figured the emails just weren't coming through. Surely I wouldn't have been able to play online if I hadn't had a Gold account all that time.

Edited by Astro Hollywood

I had similar trouble with Game Pass last year (service suddenly stopped working even though I was still signed up) and support sorted it out really quick.

Best get them on the phone. Especially if you think you have been billed twice.

Could be the card provider blocked payment during the renewal process, for some reason. But that's just a wild guess.

• Paid Members

Picked up a beat 'em up called Raging Justice on PS4 yesterday. It's down to £3.99 from about a tenner in  the sale. The idea behind it and some of the mechanics are good,but the execution is a bit lacking. There's a thing where the bad guys (the fodder ones, not the bosses) have a little stun meter and if you build it up, usually by grabbing them and giving them a couple of slaps in the grapple you can arrest them by grabbing them when they're stunned and they'll drop some health or, if they're a "warrant" character with a red flashing outline, an extra life. The problem is that the game will force you into situations where you're facing so many guys you sometimes find yourself low in health, but unable to arrest anybody for other people hitting you when you're trying to make the arrest that you have no alternative but to knock everybody out. The special is a two button thing,and it doesn't look as though you can map it to a shoulder button either, which can be awkward. The most frustrating things so far have been that one of the bosses has this spinning attack that's invincible and apparently unavoidable as it seems to home in on you. Another has a move you can jump to avoid, but if you don't it knocks you down and they then get chance to chain this attack in such a fashion as it lands and knocks you back down as soon as you get up. You can get stuck in some ridiculous stun locks. It may be better if you've got a mate to play along with as alone it feels like there are too many enemies onscreen sometimes. It's nice that.they can hit each other sometimes, but again it can bugger your arrests up if an enemy does an area of effect move or throws a weapon and kills the person you're relying on for a health boost/extra life. There's a "horde" type mode where you fight waves of enemies as well. It does that thing where weaker versions of bosses turn up on subsequent levels as well, but sometimes you'll end up with 4 of them on screen at once, and it can be a real chore to get rid of them as they still have a fair bit of health and it gets awfully crowded.

It's got a nice digitised graphical style as well, more Clayfighter than Mortal Kombat, but nice graphics nonetheless. It's not a bad game for the price, but I'd probably recommend it more if you're properly into your beat 'em ups.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Just watched the Nintendo Direct for April. If they really wanted to fuck with my emotions they'd have announced a full Ocarina of Time remake in the BotW engine.

Eh? The April Nintendo Direct doesn't happen until Wednesday, does it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 12/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, scratchdj said:

BoTW however, is now my favourite Zelda game ever - I’m still playing it. Actually, it’s probably my favourite game ever.

I got this for my birthday earlier this month and me and my 7yo son have been having loads of fun with it. Sometimes it does feel a bit samey when most of the monsters and their camps are very similar, but it's still fantastic so far. Needs more caves though.

I LOVE the climbing ability and the fact that you can climb pretty much anything- stamina permitting. Much better than the classic zigzag running up steep heels you get in Bethesda and Rockstar games. The fact that most weapons break easily, meaning you always have to be on the lookout for something new, is a nice touch too.

Just done the first divine beast mission, the elephant one. Are there 'proper dungeons' later on in the game, ala OOT and Twilight Princess? It'd be a shame if these Divine Beast levels are the dungeon equivalents.

Got a handy tip on the climbing and stamina thing in regards to the order in which you do the divine beasts. I'll spoiler tag it

the Van Medoh  divine beast will help you massively with exploration and climbing, I did it last but it's definitely the one you shoukd do first.

The beasts are pretty much the dungeons along with the 100 plus shrines as mini dungeons. I don't personally think the game suffers from that. 

It's an amazing game and I played this, RDR2, GoW and finished off GTA 5 over a six month period and I'm seriously struggling to find a new game. I've got Witcher 3 ready to install but can't summon the motivation. Think I'll wait and see what the Days Gone reviews come out like then jump on to that.

Edited by Mr_Danger