WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

So played a bit of MK11 now, I am really enjoying it, great fun and story mode is interesting although you don't play much in it. I understand the Switch version does not have the same great looks the home console version has but still a great game. Yukes did a shit port of WWE2k to the switch, this shows how a port can and should be done. 

Not owned a mortal kombat game since 4. Just a shame injustice 2 was not on the switch. 

• Paid Members
On 5/11/2019 at 11:59 PM, Mr_Danger said:

What Remains of Editih Finch.

Reveal hidden contents

made me kill a baby

you bastards. Well worth the 1-2 hours it takes to run through the stories. Im going to check on the kids now.

I played through that on Saturday night. That spoilered bit was pretty rough. I enjoyed the bit where you're taking photographs until the ending. 

Started two games. Witcher 3 and Uncharted. I got as far as learning(ish) how to play gwent then knocked it on the head until i can put a couple of marathon sessions in to it. That game will consume me. I'm 36% in to Uncharted so far and depite the awful gun play and jarring camera angles i do really like it. I'll probably knock it down to easiest setting soon just to get to the other games as i imagine the play loop of platform/shootout and so on will grind me down and bore me.

• Moderators

I thought the first Uncharted was a bit shit tbh, because of the bad combat. I didn't finish it, and went straight on to the second. The sequels really do pick up massively and made me a big fan of the franchise.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I hate the third game, not because it's bad but because it starts with so much potential and they just forget about the story and throw you into set-pieces that feel out of place.
There a huge disconnect between the writers and the developers or something.

Been playing The Golf Club 2019 as it's free on Games With Gold.  It's hard to stop thinking of applying Tiger Woods controls for spin and things like that.  It's an easy pick up and play with lovely graphics, the commentator has the soothing timbre of a Tony Green but the actual Greens are a bastard.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Been playing The Golf Club 2019 as it's free on Games With Gold.  It's hard to stop thinking of applying Tiger Woods controls for spin and things like that.  It's an easy pick up and play with lovely graphics, the commentator has the soothing timbre of a Tony Green but the actual Greens are a bastard.

I thought playing the shots was a ballache, I just couldn't get a feel for it, but was alright at the putting. I prefer Everybody's Golf but I don't think that's on XBox. 

Just ordered an Xbox One s. It's mainly for the subscription services and for the potential next gen game streaming. That said i know I'll mostly play 360 games on it. Im planning on playing the Master Chief collection and playing the Mass Effect games. What other essential current/last gen games should i be looking at? I've got a Ps4 and Switch so not bothered about multi platform games.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Plodding through Uncharted at a nice stress free monotonous pace when heading in to the end game it

turns in to The Descent! What a weird change of pace and it feels like they had to up the ante just to make the end game a bit more difficult. It's very jarring and coupled with the awful gun mechanics gave me a right rush of anxiety. I suppose it's keeping in with the Indiana Jones homage where you'd have a thrilling adventure capped off with some weird supernatural climax. Cracking story though

Pony4lyf, but if they're both in a similar price range, I imagine the PS4 slim 500gb is comparable if not cheaper than the XBOne s 1tb and would introduce you to some brilliant console exclusives like GoW and Spidey. Only drawback being no backwards compatibility but there's plenty of cheap remasters to keep you going. Going on to the last phase of both consoles life spans there'll be some good deals to be had come Christmas if you don't mind waiting.

• Paid Members
On 5/22/2019 at 7:54 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Just ordered an Xbox One s. It's mainly for the subscription services and for the potential next gen game streaming. That said i know I'll mostly play 360 games on it. Im planning on playing the Master Chief collection and playing the Mass Effect games. What other essential current/last gen games should i be looking at? I've got a Ps4 and Switch so not bothered about multi platform games.

I need to get back on with the Mass Effect games. I'd say to crack through them twice as there are some binary choices to be had that can change the missions up a little bit. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

i went ahead and ordered myself an xb1 s, will whatever is compatible transfer over once i sign in? save games, dlc, downloaded games etc? 

Whatever purchases you made on your XBox Live account will be fine, if you've saved your games to the cloud using your Gold subscription you should be fine as well. 

• Paid Members

Finished The Way Remastered on Switch earlier.

A fantastic little Sci-Fi Puzzle Adventure game similar to the Heart of Darkness, Abe's Oddysee and Flashback type of game. Some scientist's wife dies so he digs her up and tracks down a rumoured Lost City that has the secret to eternal life to bring her back.

It's a gorgeous looking game. Way too many indie companies rely on the pixelated look now and it very rarely works, but this one benefits from a varied luscious alien world. Music is atmospheric and very beautiful in parts. A short game at about 5 or 6 hours long depending on how long some of the quite difficult puzzles take, and the blocky controls leave you dying a bit but the checkpoints are more than fair. It was on sale for about 99p down from £12 I think. Worth every penny.

Switch_TheWayRemastered_01.jpg

the-way-remastered-3.jpg

tree-platforming.jpg

large (1).jpg