WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Dead or Alive 6 has a £73.99 season pass, which is about £20 more than the actual game. And it's only season pass 1.

Surely the bubble has to burst one day.

To buy all of DOA5 Last Round's DLC (which was mostly costumes) cost £300 altogether. You can normally buy the characters separately for about £8.whats really saddening is that this season pass only gets the dlc packs that are listed, which are all released between now and June, but that there could also be more dlc released outside of the stuff covered by the season pass in that slim 3 month window and there's probably a new season pass out in the summer for more. 

I picked up Pro Evo 2019 for £8 on PSN yesterday. That's a pretty good saving on the £50 they usually ask for it AND I get to spend a few afternoons playing with the edit function doing the kits and team names. I know it doesn't sound too exciting to some, but I like giving some of them classic away kits. I can also resurrect my J-League inspired fantasy/Master League team Geoff United Chiba. 

• Paid Members
On 2/28/2019 at 1:59 PM, Onyx2 said:

I haven't tried it but I stumbled on this link. That dialogue box looks confusing AF and sounds like it will tear a hole in space-time continuum if you make the wrong choice.

This worked! I went to my PS4 save on the console, and hit 'NO'. Then later on, booted  up my Vita, the message came up and I could continue the game!

On 2/28/2019 at 5:56 PM, Onyx2 said:

Working with Sony cloud saves are always like this. You have to almost draw a diagram to understand which save you're working with. 

Yep. It failed to cross save from the Vita afterwards so I lost a half hours progress when moving back to the PS4. It's so overly-complicated.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Steve Justice said:

Cheers for the heads up on PES. Literally nearly bought it on ebay yesterday for £20. I've been waiting for it to get down to the £15 mark. It's been going for around £25 for a few weeks. 

Where do you get your OF's from? 

I'm just going to go through and make the kits kind of resemble the right kits and see whether the actual team names are on the list of what the commentator says..

• Paid Members

I like doing the kits. I don't go into masses of detail. Just  enough that the kits kind of look right and the commentator almost says who's playing. I used to spend ages on the old WWE games getting my nose just right as well.

8 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

For anyone that still hasn’t got Red Dead Redemption 2, the standard edition is available new in CEX for £25 on both XboxOne & PS4

Cheers I’m gonna pop in there on my lunch break and pick a copy up.

• Paid Members

Completed Resident Evil 2 as both characters over the weekend. My god, it's great. They could have easily cashed in on a bare bones remake but the effort that has gone into is is something else and it looks stunning. Loved the little nods towards Romero with the wrinkly look of some of the zombies and they did really well throwing some jump scares in by hiding the zombies round corners (something that was missing when they went from pre rendered graphics to 3D) Wonder what the chances of a Code Veronica or Nemesis remake are?

1 minute ago, chokeout said:

Completed Resident Evil 2 as both characters over the weekend. My god, it's great. They could have easily cashed in on a bare bones remake but the effort that has gone into is is something else and it looks stunning. Loved the little nods towards Romero with the wrinkly look of some of the zombies and they did really well throwing some jump scares in by hiding the zombies round corners (something that was missing when they went from pre rendered graphics to 3D) Wonder what the chances of a Code Veronica or Nemesis remake are?

The Nemesis remake has been in development since last year.

Sod Code Veronica though that was probably my least favourite from the series 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The Nemesis remake has been in development since last year.

Sod Code Veronica though that was probably my least favourite from the series 

That's great news. I love Code Veronica, it seemed so big compared to the previous games, probably just because of the appearance of the mansion later in the game and seemed like such a leap from the previous games. The 3D cameras were terrible though, even more so if you try and play it today. It gets extra points for being the first game i loved having the VMU with on the Dreamcast.

• Paid Members

CV's easily my most disliked of the classic style Resis (at least Zero looks gorgeous). A big step back from 3 in pretty much every area aside from graphics. No more choices, quick dodge or ammo mixing. Slower, stupider zombies, crap other enemies (I'm looking at you, bandersnatches!). It's also cheap as fuck in terms of artificial difficulty, there's a boss fight that's literally impossible to get past without a healing item. Did you leave the fire extinguisher you've already used in the one item box that doesn't magically connect to all the others? No magnum for you! Can't use psychic powers to tell there's about to be a character swap and put all your shit away for them to use? Base peon weapons for you! Fuck Steve and fuck the bowgun too.

In a lot of ways it'd be a great choice for a remaster, as they could actually make it good, but after R3make Dino Crisis HAS to be next in line!

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

What do we reckong about Google's attempt to enter the console market? Could be another Ouya,story or it could work well as long  as the streaming concept works properly. It'll all be dependent on how it works with poorer internet connections. That pad mock-up looks awful,but  I'msure it'llget worked out in time.

I'm playing a brilliant little horror called Devotion, it's set in 80's Taiwan and looks gorgeous for an Indie game. From what I can tell it really captures the spirt of the country around that time, but sadly maybe too much as there's some anti mainland Chinese government sentiment which has gotten it taken down from Steam so I had to pirate it.