WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's quite annoying that PS+ cutting the number of games per month seems to be happening in line with one of the games we do get being one I already own. First Edith Finch, now Sonic Mania. Ah well.

There was a spell where Microsoft would stick a massive discount on something in a sale, I'd but it and then find out it was going to be the next month's Games With Gold. I could have saved so much money.

Speaking of which I can't say as I'm massively enamoured by this month's selection.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Is the Gamepass 3 month's for £1 a permanent offer for new subs or does it roll on and off? My Xbox comes friday and knowing my luck the offer will end.

Bastard offer ended day i got the Xbox didn't it!

• Paid Members

Picked up Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid in a sale on PSN last night. It's a 3 on 3 tag fighter like your Marvel Vs Capcom 2 & 3 were. It's based on a story arc from the comic called "Shattered grid" where a parallel universe Tommy never turned good and instead became an all-powerful tyrant called Lord Drakkon. Mechanically it's pretty good. Like Skullgirls it was worked on by some members of the Fighting Game Community so it's pretty well balanced, although it feels like it was created more for competitive play than jamming through story and arcade mode on your own for fun. Some of the fights in story mode are a bit unfair with stuff like 1 on 3 handicap fights against your typical input reading fighting game AI, but if you like Power Rangers and fighting games it's worth a look. It's £7.50 for the base game, or £15 for the deluxe edition which comes with all the season 1 DLC when it drops, (3 new as yet unannounced characters and some extra costumes). A few members of the cast voice their characters  as well. Jason David Frank as Tommy/Drakkon, Austin St John as Jason and Kerrigan Mahan as Goldar & Magna Defender. Some of the more  generic voice actors sound a bit out of  place, though.

The Lighting Trilogy (Final Fantasy XIII) is currently on sale on the Xbox store for gold members, been waiting to replace my physical copies so grabbed them all yesterday.

FFXIII £5.99, XIII-2 £7.49, Lightning Returns £9.99.

Probably the most divisive games in the series but I've grown really fond of them despite their flaws. Lightning Returns is probably one of the most bonkers games out there.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I'd just renewed my gold last month plus the 3 month game pass I had (for £2) still had 2 months left so for £1 I'm now signed up for this until July 2020. With that plus the free (for having Amazon Prime) years subscription to Nintendo Switch online last month I'm very happy. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Free DLC has dropped for The Handsome Collection that bridges the gap between Borderlands 2 and 3.

Downloading it now.

Is it called "The Pre-Threequel"?

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, BigJag said:

E3 begins tomorrow.  Keane Reeves has created some fuss by being in a game. 

What on earth are you on about? E3 began days ago.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BigJag said:

E3 begins tomorrow.  Keane Reeves has created some fuss by being in a game. 

He was on stage at E3 YESTERDAY (Sunday) to announce it. And it's going to be fucking ace.