WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Battlefront 2 is pay2win, progression is tied to lootboxes and they're the only way to upgrade your characters and gain weapons etc and that progression is the hugest grind around unless you dump real cash to buy more.

There's also a tonne of content held back unless you buy a premium edition of the game.

I think I'm finally done with AAA western developed games.

On 11/10/2017 at 7:42 PM, FattHardy said:

Any of you on PS4 got Fortnite Battle Royale?

its free to play. A very good game. Got top 5. But gets very intense and intimate.

Give it a download!

Yeah I have got pretty addicted to this!

Got a second place finish once , got done with a grenade launcher! Was gutted! Still yet to win but my time will come!

Got a PS4 as an early Christmas present last week. Im well out of the loop when it comes to gaming. I last had a 360 but only really played Fifa. What games are considered must haves on PS4? I have Last of Us, Fifa 18, Vice City and some Metal Gear Solid game i downloaded for free the other week. Im not in to CoD or games of that ilk.

Also what good multi players that are super fun and easy are there? 

Games I would recommend, after skimming through my library.

PS4 Exclusive.

Nier Automata.

Bloodborne.

Horizon Zero Dawn.

Non exclusive.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Doom (new one obviously).

Dragon Age Inquisition: Game of the year edition.

Witcher 3: Game of the year edition.

Tomb Raider reboot and it's sequel, Rise of the Tomb Raider.

EDIT

I really need to get started on the Uncharted games.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members

Looking forward to getting some time in with The Evil Within 2 after the football today. I loved the first, despite the clunkiness, the incomprehensible story and a shitload of poor psychological horror. Anything that's mechanically like Resi 4 will always be a win in my eyes, except Resi 5 (FUCK SHEVA). I hope the open world aspect (for what seems like a decent chunk of the game) helps give it a sense of place. I want and expect fuckery, but being in the same world for more than one chapter will be a huge improvement alone.

No Pro support is a dick move from Bethesda, again. Shame I don't have the willpower to wait it out for a patch like I've done with Prey (still haven't got round to playing it).

48 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The uncharted series is excellent.

Glad you stuck with it! I remember you weren't enjoying the first.

• Paid Members

Got Mortal Kombat XL in the Warner sale on XBox Live the other week. The moves have much easier execution than Injustice 2. Story mode seems interesting. The three fighting styles for each character thing allows for a very diverse roster as well. IT would have been an interesting idea to let you switch the styles between matches, depending on the character you're next fighting against. I'm drawn to playing as Bo Rai'Cho because he's a comedy staggering drunkard, and I'm inadvertently drawn to playing as the "comic relief" characters in fighting games. Also got back into Pokemon Platinum and picked up Pokemon Silver on 3DS the other week. Hopefully I can get through at least one of them, and have a proper tilt at son/moon ahead of the inevitable arrival of a new one in the series at Christmas (Either Black/White or one of Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire).

• Paid Members

Been giving Metal Gear Solid V a go. Still very early days. First I've played in the series since MGS2.

It's alright. I'm not very good at it, and there's not been much gameplay or story-wise to make me feel like I need to rush home and play the next bit. Repeated time and time again trying to be all super sneaky getting into an enemy outpost, picking off Soviet soldiers one-by-one, never really getting anywhere, so just resorted to nicking a truck and ramming it into all of them. Managed to kill off all but four baddies, leapt out of the truck before it exploded, the explosion drew out the remaining soldiers, and distracted them long enough for me to leg it to an anti-aircraft gun and use that to pick off two of them, then just waited under some stairs for the other two to come down them, and picked them off. That was fun.

Just got given the balloons to transport people to your base and, even by Metal Gear standards, it's the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Also been playing the hell out of Sky Force Anniversary. What a fucking game that is, great stuff.

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Been giving Metal Gear Solid V a go. Still very early days. First I've played in the series since MGS2.

It's alright. I'm not very good at it, and there's not been much gameplay or story-wise to make me feel like I need to rush home and play the next bit. Repeated time and time again trying to be all super sneaky getting into an enemy outpost, picking off Soviet soldiers one-by-one, never really getting anywhere, so just resorted to nicking a truck and ramming it into all of them. Managed to kill off all but four baddies, leapt out of the truck before it exploded, the explosion drew out the remaining soldiers, and distracted them long enough for me to leg it to an anti-aircraft gun and use that to pick off two of them, then just waited under some stairs for the other two to come down them, and picked them off. That was fun.

Just got given the balloons to transport people to your base and, even by Metal Gear standards, it's the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Also been playing the hell out of Sky Force Anniversary. What a fucking game that is, great stuff.

I got MGSV on release and loved it for a fair while. Then other(real) players started being able to raid my bases and it took all the enjoyment out of it for me. I've never really been into online games(because I'm shit and don't have the time to invest to get good), so having this side of the game thrust upon me spoilt it massively...

• Paid Members

La-Mulana (Steam, <£11)

It's a re-made Indiana-Jones style platform puzzler that looks very large and is very hard (not I Wanna Be The Guy hard, but a typical playthrough can be 20-40 hours!)

Actions can be re-mapped but movement controls are fixed to the arrow keys so for a WSADer it can be quite jarring; you also have very little control over jumps so expect to take a lot of hits. EXP only exists as a healing function (you need pickups to upgrade), and you need to read clues using the game's "computer" interface and a few bits and bobs. All in all it's frustrating but fun.

gog.png