WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

I see. I assumed it should've done that. I spilled a can of Irn Bru on my controller a few weeks back and the tracker pad is fucked. It must be to do with that. Cheers.

Ah that's probably it. It thinks you're constantly spamming the controller. 

My gf is playing "Gone Home", the games with gold freebie.  It's one of those point and click adventure things but it's really absorbing, the character of the sister is so fleshed out it makes the story really engrossing.

• Awards Moderator
12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

My gf is playing "Gone Home", the games with gold freebie.  It's one of those point and click adventure things but it's really absorbing, the character of the sister is so fleshed out it makes the story really engrossing.

If you like that, try Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. It has the same sort of 'wander about, find the story' mechanic. I couldn't stop thinking about it for days afterwards, and the soundtrack is profoundly elegaic. (NB only available for PS4 and Windows though).

I love a good "walking simulator" but couldn't get into 'Rapture, I'll have to try it again some time. I did enjoy Firewatch and The Stanley Parable is by far my fav as the dry humour is spot on with narration that puts even the Portal games to shame.

Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is almost as good but it's also free. (yes, i copied and pasted the title)

• Paid Members

Dear Esther's supposed to be quite good, as is The Disappearance of Carter from what I hear. I thought Gone Home was quite an interesting story driven experience and quite relaxing.

I picked up Forza Motorsport 5 on GWG last month, and suddenly it appears to have disappeared from the whole XBox Live marketplace for some reason.

Anybody seen this nonsense 2K games have apparently pulled with the new WWE game where the customising stuff is going to be hidden away in the ubiquitous "loot boxes" What a horrible mess the games industry is becoming.

https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-road-to-glory

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Fuck 2K, they just ruined the new NBA game by making it the worst grindathon out there if you don't buy their fake currency to boost your characters stats.

Are you kidding me? That's shocking.

You see, micro purchases for free games is one thing, and I completely understand and support that. Paying for DLC and add-ons is also fine, if it's a substantial addition to the existing game. However paying for extra shit like that, when you've already forked out £50 for the game? Fuck right off.

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Are you kidding me? That's shocking.

You see, micro purchases for free games is one thing, and I completely understand and support that. Paying for DLC and add-ons is also fine, if it's a substantial addition to the existing game. However paying for extra shit like that, when you've already forked out £50 for the game? Fuck right off.

Yeah it is getting beyond a joke and seems to be getting worse. I still cant believe some versions of Fifa were £90! Mental.

3 minutes ago, thevestofdeanambrose said:

Yeah it is getting beyond a joke and seems to be getting worse. I still cant believe some versions of Fifa were £90! Mental.

People had the option not to pay the £90, there were quite a few packages. However why people would want to pay so much extra for a shit looking ultimate team football shirt and playing it for 3 days early. I suppose if people are willing to pay it, why the hell not give the option.

EA for once is far from being the biggest scumbag publisher/developer out there, yeah the 90 quid FIFA garbage is a joke but they don't seem to be affecting single player experiences like 2K and Warner Bros.

In better news, there's a game in development where you play as a goose being a total prick.

• Paid Members

That Goose game looks like heaps of fun. To coin a lazy cliche it strikes me as a thinking man's Goat Simulator with its "mission structure" and a little emphasis on stealth. Sometimes these things need a little structure to them.