WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, waters44 said:

Yeah it's awesome. PS4 or Xbone?

Playing on PS4 here, for the limited time I've had to switch it on but I'm loving the game so far. Played D1 solid up to a few months ago though so it was pretty much a given this one would be my jam.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, scratchdj said:

In fact, I think the Xbox One controller is a big step backwards compared to the 360 one. The thumb sticks are too tall and spindly and it's not comfortable to use. 

Really? I find the Xbone controller much more comfortable than the 360 one, for one massive reason- the lack of that horrible sticking-out battery pack at the back that crumpled my fingers.

• Paid Members

Definitely going to pick up Destiny 2 next month when I get my loan. 

Also, I was looking at yhe Xbox One X. I have a standard Xbox One. I don't think I'm going to buy another console ever again. I barely ever play my Xbox. I have a decent gaming PC and can play almost every game I want to play there, without paying a monthly fee. Anyone else got to that point? I just feel like console generations are getting shorter and shorter. That may not even be true but it's how it feels. 

Most of the Xbone exclusives are also on PC with that whole "Play Anywhere" deal they're doing at the moment, there's also cross format play on a lot of them too which means you can play with your Xbox buddies. It's weird, Microsoft are pretty much telling PC gamers not to bother buying one of their consoles.

Add a cheap base PS4 and you have something for all the Sony exclusives too.

9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Really? I find the Xbone controller much more comfortable than the 360 one, for one massive reason- the lack of that horrible sticking-out battery pack at the back that crumpled my fingers.

I'm intrigued. Could you please get someone to photograph your claw hands attempting to grip this cursed device?

• Paid Members

I really like the XBox One controller, it is satisfyingly weighty- feels robust and expensive. I've been enjoying Trials Fusion a lot this week- it's currently still available as one of this month's Games With Gold offerings. Really simple game, not a lot to it, but it's pretty addictive.

I actually haven't bought a game for the XBox all year- as a very casual gamer, I find that Games With Gold has provided me with more than enough to keep me going.