WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

So what's worth getting on PS4 VR? We got one the other week and so far full games we have are Farpoint, VR Worlds, Keep Talking or Everyone Explodes, and Job Simulator. 

The issue with the games I have and the demos I've played so far is they all seem like tech demos, Farpoint excluded. Are there any proper games out for it yet with long campaigns? That Arizona Desert looks good but I'd like to hear from someone who's played it and wasn't paid to review it.

I'm pretty cynical too thinking a lot of them are glorified demo's, especially as a lot of them come in sub £20 range which makes it even more suspect.

Aircombat / Acecombat 7 looks really impressive and will be a full game in the same way RE7 was, but it keeps getting put back. Was meant to be late 2017 but dropped back to 2018 now.

RIGS Mechanised Combat is enjoyable and i also quite liked EVE Valkyrie.

DOOM is coming out soon in VR, again though it's up for pre-order at £17ish so how much depth and longevity it has remains to be seen.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin
extra info

• Paid Members

I played the Demo of Rez but I was more impressed with Thumper, but again they're short arcade games you can get on non-VR. Eve Valkrie and RIGS (which is free on PS plus now) are mostly multiplayer. I'm looking for a decent single player campaign experience.

LA Noire's aged badly imo, so much emphasis was on the facial expressions which are now farcically bad. And as mentioned above the gameplay gets very repetitive, I'm sure it could still be decent enough for a new player but its not something worth going out of your way to play again on new hardware unless the remaster is super impressive and fixes a lot.

• Moderators

It's fun. Having never played a fire pro game before, the learning curve is really steep. I think I spent like half an hour in training mode just trying to get the timing down on a basic grapple, never mind the ridiculous hit boxes for the strikes. The system itself is really well designed though. The matches feel really organic and you get some great moments. Looking forward to being able to play multi man matches online when that capability becomes available!

The caw engine is a pretty useable - would be nice to be able to use text layers.

Seems more and more releases are coming for the PS4 while the Xbox One is being left behind. I've been a Xbox memeber for about 8 years racked up 115k gamerscore, but minus FF XV and my EA Access I'm starting to loose passion for it.

whilst on the other side is fire pro, crash bandicoot, uncharted, and Bloodbourne. 

No idea what platform cuphead is coming out for

Edited by jasmith85
Typo

On 08/09/2017 at 0:06 PM, jasmith85 said:

Seems more and more releases are coming for the PS4 while the Xbox One is being left behind. I've been a Xbox memeber for about 8 years racked up 115k gamerscore, but minus FF XV and my EA Access I'm starting to loose passion for it.

whilst on the other side is fire pro, crash bandicoot, uncharted, and Bloodbourne. 

No idea what platform cuphead is coming out for

Was always a massive Xbox fanboy, but that's completely changed this generation. Especially as someone into Japanese games - Yakuza, Persona, Nier. Been some great ps4 exclusives. 

Really hope Microsoft can turn things around, at least they have Battlegrounds in the near future. That game is a phenomenon on PC, be interesting to see how it does on console.