WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Marko's Magic Football. It's not an all-time classic but there hasn't been anything quite like it since, so give it a try for something different.

(Your ROM might just call it Marko, its American title for obvious reasons.)

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Awards Moderator

Beyond Oasis / Story of Thor (different for each region). Immaculate Zelda-alike.

I love the entire Shinobi collection, but it's tough as nails. Scrolly hack slash.

When I was 12 Toejam and Earl was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Good world all the same. Platformy collecty thing.

Growl / RunArk. Great scrolly beat 'em up with some fantastically bad dialogue ("get lost you wisp!")

Mercs. Blast em up.

Herzog Zwei - the original RTS.

Gunstar Heroes. A gorgeous platform brawly shooty thing.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Play kid chameleon. Best platformer on the megadrive for my money. And it's fucking huge.

Beat me to it, it's arguably the best game on the mega drive as far as I'm concerned.

@Ralphy Other platformers worth a punt are  James Pond Robocod, Green Dog & Alien Storm. All three are reasonable quick plays, all pretty fun in their own right.

D&D warriors of the eternal sun is a really fun game once you get in to it.

The Haunting is an amusing game in which you are a poltergeist and you have to scare a family out of their home by setting up traps and tricks.

Without a doubt get hold of Skitchin, it's basically Road Rash on roller blades but with quite possibly the best original mega drive game sound track, if you like a bit of grunge mental.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Marko's Magic Football. It's not an all-time classic but there hasn't been anything quite like it since, so give it a try for something different.

(Your ROM might just call it Marko, its American title for obvious reasons.)

Wasn't it also called Soccer Kid?

Jungle Strike and its sequels were very good on the Megadrive. I was very jealous of Madden being released on the Megadrive first. Had to wait a while for it to be released on the Amiga. Did the Megadrive version get the same ESPN style front end as the Amiga version?

Edited by BigJag
Extra info

2 hours ago, BigJag said:

Wasn't it also called Soccer Kid?

I'd never heard of Soccer Kid, so I've just googled it and it's a different game. They are strikingly similar though, which upends my theory about Marko's creativity and uniqueness.

Having a nightmare on my Xbox One and a recent store update.

First of all the update wouldn't finish downloading, then when it did it bricked the store. Then it seemed like the issue was sorted, but then I was unable to download or install from disk the Mass Effect games.

Got no help from MS so I reset my console, didn't download the update and now everything is working fine which leaves me paranoid about what this "update" sitting in my download queue actually is. To say I'm irritated would be putting it mildly.

Others have also reported problems with the update. MS have said little of note outside of confirming that there is an issue with some consoles.