WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

No spoilers, but there's a boss fight early on that had me grinning from ear to ear.

I've seen this mentioned numerous times yet never once had it spoilt for me, which I think is a testament to both the players and the unique regard they have for this part of the game. Looking forward to the surprise!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I've seen this mentioned numerous times yet never once had it spoilt for me, which I think is a testament to both the players and the unique regard they have for this part of the game. Looking forward to the surprise!

My mate text me to outright tell me what it was as I'm in Scotland and can't play til tomorrow. But yeah, it's ace.

• Paid Members

It's the greatest selling video game of all-time now, isn't it? If you exclude Wii Sports (pretty sure it's now outsold all other bundle games) and Minecraft, which can vary quite a bit depending on which platform.

On 17/08/2017 at 11:44 PM, Merzbow said:

It's a lovely little game, you can tell Christian Whitehead has poured his heart into it. Just make sure to spend a little time in each level on your first playthrough, even the classic ones have been massively reworked with multiple routes.

Is it me or the Xbox one edition struggle with the frame rate, also my copy on the bonus stages will flick right instead of left on some occasions.  Only tried it once so might be a case of turning it off and on again.

finally completed dark souls 2 scholar of the first sin. Using a melee/hex build makes things easier but the hardest one of the three I found. Minus all DLC.

Got my PS and nearly started crying because it was broken. Kept pressing the eject button for the disc tray to pop out and it kept beeping with said tray not ejecting. Five minutes later I realised you just slot the disc straight in, between the lips. Dolt.

This is the first console I've owned since the PS2 so the graphics in Fifa are fucking mindblowing to me. 

Was in the loft a couple of days back and found my original fat ps2 and a load of games ( San Andreas, Bully, Black, a few Smackdown games and more ) The only problem is the power cable is no where to be found, had a look online to buy one but dont know which to pick as I cant remember what it looked like, was it just a power cable/plug or a power pack?

Any chance someone could link me up with a link to buy one please, Im dying to have a blast of LMA Manager again

Just now, Merzbow said:

It's just an old figure 8 power cable plugged directly into the console, amazon/ebay will have millions of them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/POWER-CORD-PIN-FIG8-1-5M/dp/B000Q8HF04

Cheers for that I couldnt remember if it was just a plug or powerpack, I looked on ebay originally which just confused me as the ones on there seemed to have power packs unless that was for ps2 slim?

• Paid Members
On 18/08/2017 at 10:06 AM, BomberPat said:

Final Fight was actually first envisioned as a side-scrolling sequel to the original Street Fighter. There was a weird Street Fighter game on the NES that bore no relation to any of the rest of the series, though I think that was more of a platformer than a side-scroller.

Final Fight was originally called Street Fighter '89. You're talking about Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight in which you play as a cybernetically enhanced, retired Ken Masters who has to avenge the death of his friend Troy. I think Capcom decided to stick that name on there to shift a few extra units https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_2010:_The_Final_Fight. There's a brawler caled Beats Of Rage which is a homebrew on the Sega Dreamcast using sprites lifted from SNK fighting games. The original Fighting Force on PS1 was conceived as a 3D Streets Of Rage sequel.

I was really hyped about Fighting Force when it came out, but I lacked the right console to play it on. When I eventually got the chance, I found the presence of guns altered the dynamic in a way that I didn't much care for.

Beats of Rage also spawned an open-source 2d fighting engine on PC called OpenBOR, it's worth giving it a shot if you love the old beat-em-ups as there are loads of fan made decent mods on it. The He-Man one is very fun.