WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Finished the main game of Sonic Mania, great fun. End boss fight is class. Only managed to get one Chaos Emerald on the first play through, though, and barely any of the unlockable stuff because I suck at both special stages.

I'm playing it through again now as Knuckles, as it's easier exploring levels and looking for secrets and alternate routes with him, and already on two Chaos Emeralds by the third zone this time around. Green Hill Zone starts off in a slightly different place if you play as Knuckles, too, which makes me wonder if other level designs are subtly different based on who you play as?

11 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

They are. Knuckles gets a different Mirage Saloon 1 and an extra boss, as i've been told. Only finished as Sonic so far.

I'm on the 4th zone I've got 4 emerald and the 5th Special stage is quite hard, I'm finding the bonus stages to be a lot harder than Sonic 3 and Knuckles

I'm doing a Tails solo run next, I've heard he's pretty much easy mode and good for exploration. I just wish there wasn't a time limit in levels so huge.

Yeah, I love that I can plug in any old earphones, I use Youtube on the PS4 for ASMR videos to help me sleep and it makes it that much more convenient.

• Paid Members
On 20/08/2017 at 10:08 AM, johnnyboy said:

Forza Horizon 3 with the Hot Wheels expansion has been stealing all my time.  Doing loop the loops in a Lambo and then driving under a giant dinosaur is the stuff that dreams are made of.

My son loves Forza AND Hot Wheels, so that expansion will blow his mind. Not long bought the Forza 6/Forza Horizon 2 bundle though, so it'll be a while before I get Horizon 3.

• Paid Members

Popped into town on Saturday to see if I could pick up any of the games mentioned a couple of pages back cheap and got Sleeping Dogs for £1.99 which seemed like an absolute bargain.

I also picked up No Mans Sky after seeing the new update get praised on here. I always liked the premise but it definitely sounded unfinished. Game have now bumped the price of the preowned game up to £19.99 from £9.99 (the case still had a £9.99 sticker on it so after checking with the manager and confirming the price rise, the guy still discounted it for me) which I think is right cheeky because the developers aren't going to see any of that extra money from a pre-owned sale, it'll be going straight into Game's pocket.

On 21/08/2017 at 1:21 PM, Merzbow said:

I'm doing a Tails solo run next, I've heard he's pretty much easy mode and good for exploration. I just wish there wasn't a time limit in levels so huge.

Yeah, I love that I can plug in any old earphones, I use Youtube on the PS4 for ASMR videos to help me sleep and it makes it that much more convenient.

Finally completed sonic mania, just achievement hunting now, did anyone find special stage 5 harder than the other ones. I managed to complete 6 and 7 on Mach Level 2 instead of 3. Now just achievement hunting and getting those bonus stages completed boy some are really difficult compared to sonic 3 and knuckles.  Seems to be once I've completed one with a gold medal it doesn't appear again.

Also non of the achievements pop up on Debug mode it seems.

Great game helping break things up from doing the DLC on Dark Souls 2.

speaking of which this did seem the most challenging out of the series.

1 hour ago, stevieg1980 said:

Not sure if it's of interest but just came back from one of the larger Home Bargain stores who are selling PES2016 for £1.99 in the xbox one. 

It sure is, will check my local one!

The last zone of Sonic Mania is so bad, for some reason they've taken out all of the speed, colour and exploration of the previous levels and just filled an ugly looking metallic level with traps and game mechanics that ruin the pacing. On other final zones you feel a sense of achievement when you finally beat them but with this one its like "wow, glad that slog is over", it spoils an otherwise amazing game.

And yeah, Bethesda may be making a Game of Thrones RPG. I'm not a fan of the developer but I'm actually interested in this if they get in writers specifically for it.