#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

Hull is shite for things like decent fast food.It's the big names only.

You are fucking insane. I'm having you sectioned.

There are awesome places locally. Fuck the chains. Domino just opened near us. I'm fire-bombing the cunts.

Hull is the home of chip spice and the Pattie. Therefore every other poor bastard in the UK loses. Big time.

Try Atlanta on Willerby Road. Their hot dog dough balls are outstanding.

I live out in Hedon, making the drive across town for some hot dog dough balls and back again would be followed by a long stretch of examining my priorities in my life. If I happen to be in the area one night I may try, but a special trip one shan't make.

In terms of fast food, I tend to favor KFC more out of the major chains, then McDonalds (mostly when they get the LTOs in) then Subway with the King a dead last, last resort. Got a taste for Taco Bell too but the nearest one is in the Arndale in Manchester, which I only get to every now and again

Had a beast of a burger from a local takeaway one Saturday a few weeks back, when I was coming off a nightmare day in work. It was a double cheesburger topped with a piece of chicken (the cheap cut frozen kind they put on burgers) and a mound of donner meat topped with mayo and sweet chilli sauce, absolute heaven

Chip Spice, is fucking Red Salt and has been around for fucking donkeys. American Chip Spice? You posh bastards!

KFC mega bucket for one with Gravy which has evolved from the 3 piece variety meal of old though if i ge a leg or a wing section i will cry.. 

I find with KFC that the herbs and spice mix varies alot in consistency. Some places will have bastard hot hot wings, whilst others will be meh, I assume is to do with how they are made 'fresh'? I e mixture mixed instore?

Also BK for Burgers, period.

• Paid Members

I'm obsessed with Kebab's at the moment. Time was they were a last resort after a night on the beers but now they are in my head every single day. It might be something to do with moving opossite my childhood Kebab van. Personally I like a thin layer of chili sauce, then salad and plenty of garlic mayo. Usually do without tomato and cucumber.

Back in the day I use to live near a chippy that did absolutely filthy battered burgers. They were magic. Only place that I've been to that sold them. That shop was awesome a large chips was so big it was virtually impossible to finish.

We have battered burgers around here as well, I thought they were pretty common in chip shops?

Kebabs can get a bit of an unfair wrap as the last resort after a night out choice of food. If you find a particularly good kebab shop kebabs taste just as good when you're sober.

I'll usually go for a combination kebab on a flat/naan bread instead of pitta. Chilli and garlic sauce is the magic combination. Our kebab shop has these whole jalapeño peppers they use for garnish that are particularly tasty.

• Paid Members

I think it might just be a south thing that we don't get battered burgers. At least round Reading I don't know one chippy that does them. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw them at my old local in Cheltenham. I've no idea if all battered burgers are as good as these but they were pretty heart cloggingly special.

I definitely agree about kebabs. A good one is as good as any other food on earth. There's a shop in Rugby that does them on Naan's and their meat is proper spicey. That ones definitely in my top 3 Kebabs of all time.

• Paid Members

Battered burgers?? Nah, not down here. I've never heard of them until this thread. Then again, you northerners would put your mum in batter if you had half a bleedin' chance.

Edited by PunkStep