#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I had a battered bounty in Skegness once. First bite was good enough, second bite was too much. I handed it off to a mate, whose experience was identical.

I fucking love cod roe — people look at me sideways when I ask them to stick a battered roe on top of my order, though. I love how there's no pretense — they just take out a can, slice a can-diameter portion off into the batter, and straight in the fryer.

Edited by Bill Diarrhea

Not had a battered burger in years, used to be able to get a cowboy supper from my local chippy in the north east which consisted of a battered burger, battered sausage, chips & beans it was a delight

My usual order in a chippy still is a battered jumbo sausage, chips and curry sauce with extra batter ( or scraps where ever you're from ) over the chips

• Paid Members

You haven't lived until you've tried battered pizza. Or black pudding. Or haggis. I fucking love batter.

I tried battered black pudding up by Bakewell.

It was amazing and i cant recommend it enough to try if anyone see's it on their travel's.

Edit: On scraps mentioned above, round here they are called batter bits but you don't see them much.

I remember being in Yorkshire and being asked if I wanted scraps and not having a clue what she was talking about untill she scooped a load on anc I went "ohh, batter bits" in a horrid midlands twang

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Anyone ever had southern fried potatoes before? When I was a kid a lot of the chip shops used to sell them, but I haven't seen them in years. They were quite big, somewhere between a roast and a jacket, in a southern fried coating. Obviously not as crispy as fried chicken, but they were really nice.

Anyone ever had southern fried potatoes before? When I was a kid a lot of the chip shops used to sell them, but I haven't seen them in years. They were quite big, somewhere between a roast and a jacket, in a southern fried coating. Obviously not as crispy as fried chicken, but they were really nice.

You're from Harlow aren't you, PunkStep? There's a chippy near my girlfriend's parents' house that sells these, quite near to the town centre. They call it Potato Surprise. Not tried it myself but my missus raves about it.

• Paid Members

I had a deep fried snickers at an Irish bar in Downtown Disney. My want to try one was always pushed aside because of the batter taste. The one I had was an almost sweet batter, the opposite of what you have on fish. It was heavenly

• Paid Members

I have had them in Chelmsford. They are bloody lovely

• Paid Members

You're from Harlow aren't you, PunkStep? There's a chippy near my girlfriend's parents' house that sells these, quite near to the town centre. They call it Potato Surprise. Not tried it myself but my missus raves about it.

I am indeed, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!