#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Boosts are shit these days. Last time I had one (which was at least 5 years ago) they'd "improved" the recipe a second time and it was pretty awful.

I ate an obscene amount of them as a teenager when they were great.

• Paid Members

Deep fried Turkish delight is pretty special, and if we are talking special then a toasted After Eight mint sandwich is so wrong it's right.

Hmmmm, the missus is away for the weekend and I have the kitchen to myself. I could be diabetic by Monday.

a toasted After Eight mint sandwich is so wrong it's right.

now this sounds worth investigating.

when i was at college our local chippy would batter anything for 30p (so said the hand scribbled sign in the window).  the nearest corner shop did a roaring trade in chocolate bars for about a week until the novelty wore off. the only one we did was a curly wurly which i can only really describe as interesting. the thinness of the chocolate and the holes in it made it feel less like eating a heart attack than i imagine a mars bar would but it's not something i've ever felt the urge to revisit

Favourite Breville recipe is spaghetti hoops, cheese and ham.

I've battered a scotch egg before. Egg, meat, bread crumbs, batter. If I get the consistency right, the next step is injecting it with melted cheese. Right now, I keep clogging up the syringe.

You'd get nowhere asking for all these battered things in Oxford, the most adventurous it gets is probably a battered sausage.

following Oxford City in the Conference North i've seen some right odd things eaten up North, the worst of which was at Gainsborough Trinity where i encountered a bloke eating mushy peas (again scaresly seen down here) with mint sauce, to make matters worse he heard us talking about him and interupted a pre-match minutes silence to bellow "if you havent had mint sausage on your mushies then you havent lived lads"

Edited by The British Bushwacker

• Paid Members

The Breville is a modern genius invention. You can use a panini press or any other toastie maker but the Breville pisses on them all from a great height.

My filling is ham, red Leicester, ketchup and red onions, with more ketchup on the plate for dipping. Any excess cheese that seeps out can be chucked on top of the toastie.