• Paid Members

I think it might just be a south thing that we don't get battered burgers. At least round Reading I don't know one chippy that does them. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw them at my old local in Cheltenham. I've no idea if all battered burgers are as good as these but they were pretty heart cloggingly special.

I definitely agree about kebabs. A good one is as good as any other food on earth. There's a shop in Rugby that does them on Naan's and their meat is proper spicey. That ones definitely in my top 3 Kebabs of all time.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARRIVAL.   They threw ina  free garklic bread too. This is the greatest thing I have ever eaten. Easily. Full now. Going to bed.

Ever see a foodstuff that looks so spectacularly dreadful you feel compelled to buy it? In Tesco the other day I picked up a "Breakfast wrap" from the frozen section. You get 2 in a packet. Accor

“Someone” 

Posted Images

• Paid Members

Battered burgers?? Nah, not down here. I've never heard of them until this thread. Then again, you northerners would put your mum in batter if you had half a bleedin' chance.

Edited by PunkStep
  • Paid Members

I don't think any culinary high ground can be claimed by you southron's Punkstep. At least us northerners know that the correct accompaniment for jelly is cream, ice cream, and custard. Not eel.

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
  • Paid Members

I don't think any culinary high ground can be claimed by you southron's Punkstep. At least us northerners know that the correct accompaniment for jelly is cream, ice cream, and custard. Not eel.

Ugh, jellied eels. I don't know a single person who eats them! I'm pretty sure only old men along the Estuary eat them. I bet you don't even get them in East London these days. Good, because they're rotten.

• Paid Members

Not at chippies, definitely not. That's a northern tradition. We do have curry sauce, though.

Liquor is basically eel juice and parsley. Also rank, and also hardly consumed these days in London. Again, old men along the Estuary.

Pie & Mash shops and cockney food in general are really popular these days.

Edited by PunkStep

A chippy near mine, the locally famous Katie Mac's, does the battered Mars Bar but they also do battered Kit-Kat's. Can't say I've ever been tempted to try though.

Battered burgers are heavenly though, always thought they were common place in every chippy countrywide. Is cheesy chips primarily a northern thing too?