#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

You're from Harlow aren't you, PunkStep? There's a chippy near my girlfriend's parents' house that sells these, quite near to the town centre. They call it Potato Surprise. Not tried it myself but my missus raves about it.

Atlantic Fish Bar on Hare Street? Dave's Plaice was the potato surprise purveyor of truth, courage, and valour ("careful mate, real hot") but that's now Harlow Tandoori.

Yeah sounds familiar, that might be it. It's attached to a really nice chinese.

• Paid Members

We used to have a Dave's Plaice too. It won an award for the quality of its fish and chips. Then they moved, and the new owners had a banner made that looked a lot like the one that Dave's Plaice had so people would think it was the same owners. Awful greasy stuff with no taste.

There is a Dave's Place up Oak Tree way, who doesn't seem to have understood the joke.

• Paid Members

If I ever had a chippy, which would be the second best thing after owning a pub, it would have been called Dave's Plaice or "Good Cod Almighty".

Round here its all Leyfield fish bar, glascote fish bar, four oaks fish bar. No imagination besides the jolly fryer, but the foods shit.

• Paid Members

I somewhat one day hope to own a burger joint called "Sheer LaBeef" with a pattie shaped picture of everyone's favourite motivational speaker as our logo.

As for Butch's mentioning of Beans in a toastie, its a fucking marvellous thing. Always come out scolding hot, but just what you need on a cold winter's night (or any night in fairness)

• Paid Members

I'm not proud of this. OK I am. Yesterday may have been the most unhealthy day of my life and that's saying something. Rivalled only by the day I got the sweats from the amount of ice cream I'd eaten.

Total -

Large chips

Battered sausage

Savaloy

Large kebab (no salad and garlic mayo)

Xtra large kebab (salad, chili sauce and mayo)

Now that's #EATCLEAN

• Paid Members

Not quite, the second Kebab was 6ish hours later but its still ridiculous.

• Paid Members

Not quite, the second Kebab was 6ish hours later but its still ridiculous.

Full disclosure - I didn't buy the savaloy and chips for me but I'll be damned if they were going in the bin. That's when #EATCLEAN really comes in to play and you have to man up and power through. That fine dining wasn't going to waste on my watch.

In one sitting? Jesus.

I hope that "Jesus" is in admiration of the man's achievement and not a judgemental slight on his gluttony. The latter belongs int the fit and healthy thread.

Heinze Spaghetti on toast has the tastiest sauce of all the Heinze's but in a somewhat shocking twist I find its one of the few tinned goods that isn't enhanced by grated cheese.

• Paid Members

Xtra large kebab (salad, chili sauce and mayo)

Now that's #EATCLEAN

Ruined it with the salad IMO.

I thought I'd get away with it seeing as it was XL and there was none on the previous kebab.