• Paid Members

The Breville is a modern genius invention. You can use a panini press or any other toastie maker but the Breville pisses on them all from a great height.

My filling is ham, red Leicester, ketchup and red onions, with more ketchup on the plate for dipping. Any excess cheese that seeps out can be chucked on top of the toastie.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ARRIVAL.   They threw ina  free garklic bread too. This is the greatest thing I have ever eaten. Easily. Full now. Going to bed.

“Someone” 

Ever see a foodstuff that looks so spectacularly dreadful you feel compelled to buy it? In Tesco the other day I picked up a "Breakfast wrap" from the frozen section. You get 2 in a packet. Accor

Posted Images

If you like tinned macaroni cheese then try some in a toastie with grated cheese, there's nowt like it. I actually need to grab a new Breville, had one for what must be over 10 years and it's dead as a door knob now.

• Paid Members

We got our sandwich maker from Asda or Sainsbury's for about £6.

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid that you could make great "fried" eggs in a toastie maker. I tried it. The fucker was too hot. The egg just starting cooking the second it went in, ran all over and frazzled in about 30 seconds. Took me ages to clean it before I got an arse whupping.

• Paid Members

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid

Odd child.

Comedy gold. My favourite ever was the suggestion that instead of expensive after dinner mints, you could freeze a tube of Aquafresh and slice thinly!

You were having a wank over the saucy stories weren't you Rick.

I did that thing with the hot dogs where you thread the spaghetti through the chopped 'dog then cook. Was nice but it was too much hassle really.

Pizza hot dogs are well worth going out of your way to make though. Hot dog, pizza sauce, cheese, onions and whatever else grilled to gooey perfection.

• Paid Members

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid

Odd child.

Comedy gold. My favourite ever was the suggestion that instead of expensive after dinner mints, you could freeze a tube of Aquafresh and slice thinly!

That reads more like something from Viz Top Tips.

From the student/poor days, I can recommend corned beef and HP brevilles. Pure filth, not had one in years; but just like an ex-smoker I could probably go a loaves worth of them right now.

On the hotdog and macaroni front, smoked sausage is the superior beast in that regard. Again, from the past I can recommend grilled cheese on toast with slices of smoked sausage underneath the cheese, and a hearty dose of Lea & Perrin on the top.

• Paid Members

It's amazing the bargains you can pick up. Whatever it is that Asda call their bargain range, I had some value Stilton that was very nice. had it with Pork Pie. Cut 1 quarter of pork pie, mash on Stilton with a fork. Eat. Simple but efficient.