#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

We got our sandwich maker from Asda or Sainsbury's for about £6.

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid that you could make great "fried" eggs in a toastie maker. I tried it. The fucker was too hot. The egg just starting cooking the second it went in, ran all over and frazzled in about 30 seconds. Took me ages to clean it before I got an arse whupping.

• Paid Members

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid

Odd child.

Comedy gold. My favourite ever was the suggestion that instead of expensive after dinner mints, you could freeze a tube of Aquafresh and slice thinly!

You were having a wank over the saucy stories weren't you Rick.

I did that thing with the hot dogs where you thread the spaghetti through the chopped 'dog then cook. Was nice but it was too much hassle really.

Pizza hot dogs are well worth going out of your way to make though. Hot dog, pizza sauce, cheese, onions and whatever else grilled to gooey perfection.

• Paid Members

I remember reading on the tips page of take a break when I was a kid

Odd child.

Comedy gold. My favourite ever was the suggestion that instead of expensive after dinner mints, you could freeze a tube of Aquafresh and slice thinly!

That reads more like something from Viz Top Tips.

From the student/poor days, I can recommend corned beef and HP brevilles. Pure filth, not had one in years; but just like an ex-smoker I could probably go a loaves worth of them right now.

On the hotdog and macaroni front, smoked sausage is the superior beast in that regard. Again, from the past I can recommend grilled cheese on toast with slices of smoked sausage underneath the cheese, and a hearty dose of Lea & Perrin on the top.