Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

I remember when Frank LeBouef showed up right at the end of a season finale episode of Dream Team, and it was implied that he might sign for Harchester United as Dean Sturridge had done before him. It might even have been after the credits had rolled, like an epilogue to the series.

His acting must have improved a shit load since then because he was shite.

Well done on the sobriety Riot, pleased for you mate. You'll be amazed at how quickly your life improves.

I've started running a restaurant and fell off the wagon over the weekend. Did 80+ hours last week there and stayed up all night Saturday drinking with a girl. She's ace. Gonna try and stay sober again now. I don't want to fall back into that trap.

• Paid Members

Today I Learned: the picture on the tin of Lyles' Golden Syrup is a rotting lion surrounded by bees.

So, had you never looked at Lyles tins in the shop, or just never seen it that way before.

If its the latter what did you think it was before?

If it was the first please tell me you used to run past the golden syrup in sainsburys screaming with you hands over your eyes.

• Paid Members

I just assumed it was a lion. Never really paid close attention to it before. Maybe that's because I'm BLIND through diabetes from eating so much syrup?

* I am not actually blind. Or have diabetes. Or enjoy syrup.

• Paid Members

Today I Learned: the picture on the tin of Lyles' Golden Syrup is a rotting lion surrounded by bees.

So, had you never looked at Lyles tins in the shop, or just never seen it that way before.

If it was the first please tell me you used to run past the golden syrup in sainsburys screaming with you hands over your eyes.

Diminishings this thread if there are know heads ready to pounce with, "Lol, you didn't know that?!" responses.

I didn't know it was a dead lion surrounded by bees myself until a couple of years ago. I knew it was a lion, but didn't really study the can to go, "Hey, those dots. OMG, they're flies or something!"

• Paid Members

Diminishings this thread if there are know heads ready to pounce with, "Lol, you didn't know that?!" responses.

I didn't know it was a dead lion surrounded by bees myself until a couple of years ago. I knew it was a lion, but didn't really study the can to go, "Hey, those dots. OMG, they're flies or something!"

Ohh fuck off, I was genuinely curious to know if he'd just seen it as something else, and if so what, and was making light hearted conversation with the man.

Things like that came up in another thread the other week.

• Paid Members

TIL that Spotify, despite having a good proportion of all of the music, also has a smattering of those "box sets" (shrink wrapped bunches of cassettes, usually) you used to get down Skeggy market — I have no idea why I ended up listening to Tony Orland-no (not feat. Dawn), and the Who-gees.

I also can't compute this album being "Best of the Decades" — I want to imbed it, but I have no idea if this is possible. Here's the Spotify code, anyway.

spotify:album:2pwYsUNPsCZxHU9LjAS2IT