Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

TIL: that the average human has 100,000 hairs on their head (thanks Petit Filou) but this week I learned: that Majorca is FULL to the brim with Northerners, we were the only southerners on the whole Island and mind blowingly every packet of crisps manufactured in the UK goes out of date on a Saturday!!! Go check your packets!

that Majorca is FULL to the brim with Northerners, we were the only southerners on the whole Island

I didn't come across any other Northerners when I was there for a week last year.
Well, the resort of Alcudia was rammed with them. Think I'll try somewhere different next time

• Paid Members

that Majorca is FULL to the brim with Northerners, we were the only southerners on the whole Island

I didn't come across any other Northerners when I was there for a week last year.
Well, the resort of Alcudia was rammed with them. Think I'll try somewhere different next time

Coincidentaly, Port d'AlcĂşdia was where I was. Closest to home comfort I felt was finding a Burger King and a Lidl within walking distance from the hotel.

Edited by Your Fight Site

Coincidentaly, Port d'AlcĂşdia was where I was. Closest to home comfort I felt was finding a Burger King and a Lidl within walking distance from the hotel.
Ha!!! Yeah, went to Burger King for the Erm, Wi-fi ;) Kids liked it, not bad for a first holiday with family, but a bit too British for me :)

TIL if you click the x in the top right corner of Outlook emails online it closes them rather than deletes and takes you back to the main email page rather than having to click in box each time..

I knew what the up and down arrows did, just never what the x did. I have had hotmail/outlook account for 20 years.

Jesus Christ that's a blonde moment!

• Paid Members

Yesterday I learned that the majority of Irish football fans are self righteous, backwards cunts.

Booing of God Save The Queen was bang out of order! I don't care what the history is, playing the persecution card after all this time is fucking pathetic.

Some prick beside me even started shouting “Huns”. I asked him did he know what a hun was and he said “English proddy cunts!”. And I bet the gypsy bastard supported Man Utd or Liverpool or some English club.

Absolute scrotes. And this was the majority of them!

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Unfortunately, there is a small minority of part time Ireland fans who only appear when the team are playing England, or when they are doing well (as someone who did every home and away game in the run up to qualification for Euro 2012, I was stunned at the contrast in behaviour of some of the "fans" who turned up in Poland to those who went to places like Slovakia and Macedonia). So please don't take that as an indicator of the sort of Ireland fans that generally go to games, I don't know anyone who goes regularly who would dream of booing another national anthem.

However, I would say calling someone a 'gypsy bastard', unless you had an in-depth conversation about their heritage and determined definitively that they were from a travelling background, and not that you are just using it as a pejorative and largely inaccurate term for an Irish person, seems somewhat unnecessary.

(If I have the wrong end of the stick, and this is some kind of satirical pastiche of football fans, please ignore the above ) 

• Paid Members

Plus, the amount of brilliant strikers Italy had at their disposal was ridiculous in the early nineties. Baggio, Vialli, Zola, Mancini, Signori, Casiraghi etc. He was typically a late bloomer into the Italian national side as well.

• Paid Members

Unfortunately, there is a small minority of part time Ireland fans who only appear when the team are playing England, or when they are doing well (as someone who did every home and away game in the run up to qualification for Euro 2012, I was stunned at the contrast in behaviour of some of the "fans" who turned up in Poland to those who went to places like Slovakia and Macedonia). So please don't take that as an indicator of the sort of Ireland fans that generally go to games, I don't know anyone who goes regularly who would dream of booing another national anthem.

However, I would say calling someone a 'gypsy bastard', unless you had an in-depth conversation about their heritage and determined definitively that they were from a travelling background, and not that you are just using it as a pejorative and largely inaccurate term for an Irish person, seems somewhat unnecessary.

(If I have the wrong end of the stick, and this is some kind of satirical pastiche of football fans, please ignore the above ) 

I'm Irish. From Dublin, Mim.

• Paid Members

Some prick beside me even started shouting “Huns”. I asked him did he know what a hun was and he said “English proddy cunts!”. 

I've never heard this before, what does Huns mean? I'm also from Dublin for what its worth (Ballyfermot to be more precise  :cool:)