NJPW World

Sphinx

Jericho's got me hooked on NJPW.
Have just seen the end of the Fukuoka show and the press conference from last night/this morning and won't spoil it for those who have not seen it but it's stuff like this that remins me why I am a wrestling fan in the first place.

Question - Is it possible to subscribe to NJPW and watch it through Roku?

The press conference was just superb! Just the concept of a Jericho/Omega “dream match” was enough to sell me on Wrestle Kingdom but now they’ve gone above and beyond with the build up for the big Jan 4th bout. Hype levels are officially through the roof!

Jericho may not be capable of a five star match these days (though who knows, eh?) but both this and the Festival of Friendship are easily my favourite non-wrestling segments of the year. 

• Awards Moderator

Yep, it’s sucked me right in. Even the crap first Codebreaker didn’t take a shine off the attack, and the presser was just great. Seeing Jericho swear his head off added to it immensely. Completely into the whole thing.

One of the lads from work booked his ticket for the Tokyodome a while back and he’s buzzing for the event, but this match especially. Jammy sod.

• Paid Members

Genuinely impressed that they've managed to make Omega/Jericho feel like a genuine fight. They didn't need to do much build to it, it's one of those matches that sells itself, but they've made it feel - in a very short space of time - that the two of them genuinely can't stand each other, and I'm looking forward to it even more now. If the match can keep up the intensity of that build, it could be something really unique for both of them - neither of them are that inclined towards a violent, angry brawl, but I'd like to see them give it a go, it would be a different kind of match for both men.

As with last year immediately following Wrestle Kingdom there will be talk of Omega leaving for WWE. Having said that, after Styles, Gallows, Anderson and Nakamura all left straight after it, I imagine there will always be talk of top guys leaving after Wrestle Kingdom every year. If Jericho is out of his WWE contract (which I think he is) it's made it a lot easier for this match to go ahead, but do you reckon that he's got his orders to try and talk Omega into a deal while he's over there?

I'm sure Jericho will be back in WWE before long because he knows where his bread is buttered and if he can talk one of New Japan's biggest stars into leaving in the process, it'll go a way to keeping him in Vince's good books.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Jericho's got me hooked on NJPW.
Have just seen the end of the Fukuoka show and the press conference from last night/this morning and won't spoil it for those who have not seen it but it's stuff like this that remins me why I am a wrestling fan in the first place.

Question - Is it possible to subscribe to NJPW and watch it through Roku?

No, Amazon Fire is the only device with a dedicated app.

(Androids have an app for NJPW World, but it's just an account verification thing rather than a dedicated player.)

Chromecast is the way to go for NJPW World.