NJPW World

Sphinx

When was the last time there was a semi-believable chance the Tokyo Dome briefcase might change hands? Both of those top two matches will be fantastic no doubt, but they'll be hurt by the lack of suspense and intrigue surrounding them. They both make sense from kayfabe perspectives, especially with EVIL trying to soften up Okada for his LIJ pal, but he's not going to be winning this match.

I don't think they'd have Ospreay lose to KUSHIDA again, especially given how they've been playing it up in storyline, but NJPW's booking of Ospreay has been so hot and cold I couldn't be confident in predicting he wins. Whatever the outcome, it looks like it's leading to a three-way between Ospreay, KUSHI and Hiromu at the Dome. 

For all the credit the booking in New Japan gets, the way they book their tag division is awful. It's worse than the WWE's by a long way. KES/War Machine/GoD for the FOURTH time running. It's fucking lazy and they get nowhere enough stick for the way they seemingly half-arse the entire thing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I really think they need to have the briefcase change hands one year just to show it can happen. 

With that said, the booking of Tana and Kota opposite each other in a tag match at the next show instead of going straight from "challenge" to "title match" suggests strongly that they fight at Kingdom. Who does that leave Kenny with??

There's a big show (Power Struggle) at the start of November, so that could be the Tanahashi-Ibushi match. I'm still assuming/hoping for Ibushi-Omega and Tanahashi-Suzuki at the Dome.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Just caught up on the Korakuen Hall show from the 23rd before going straight into this morning's Road to Power Struggle show live. 

Anyway: the show from the 23rd was LOADS of fun. Just all action all the way. Only the opener and YOSHI-HASHI and SANADA getting awkward at the end of the CHAOS vs LIJ 6-man were the slightest downers.

I think Yano vs Suzuki for the NEVER title on the 5th is my most anticipated match in wrestling right now. 

27 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Matt Riddle has been dropped from the Tag League because they only just found out he’s a weed smoker...

They must have been the only fuckers in wrestling not to know. 

With Ibushi have they gotten him to sign a full time contract? If so then that surely puts some new feuds with possible title matches against Okada, Naito and Omega on top of his match at Power Struggle making the NJPW main event scene looking better than in years. 

So the announced matches for Wrestle Kingdom 12 are as follows:

Okada (c) Vs Naito

Omega (c) Vs Jericho 

Tanahashi (c) Vs Switchblade (Jay White)

Scurll (c) Vs Ospreay Vs Kushida Vs Takahashi

Cody (c) Vs Ibushi

Ropongi 3K (c) Vs Young Bucks 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I cant believe they're throwing Tana in there with White, he simply isn't good enough yet to work Tanahashi at the biggest show of the year. I'm stunned they haven't gone for the story of Kenny v Kota which has so much history behind it, which if they knew Jericho was interested in appearing, could have left HIM for Tana.

Still, Jericho was the highest profile name of wrestler I've not seen live over the last 20 years, so I'm very happy that I'm going to see him pushed to a great match by Omega.