NJPW World

Sphinx

1 hour ago, BigJag said:

Thanks. Anyone have recommendations for the best place to watch the full event? Is the NJPW network good value for money?

I cancelled because I didn't have the time to watch it busy with other things but when I do have the time I subscribe back (I have cancelled a few times and started again) and you get quite alot. So if you have the time, then yeah well worth it. There is a large back catalogue, regular shows (some with English commentary) and big shows are always good and the Road to shows are usually decent. During G1, World Tag League and BOSJ time you get loads of shows in a short space of time (can be difficult to keep up) but the G1 always produces some of the best matches of the year, with main events of G1 show would be a worth main event of one of their big shows.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

I will admit I'm interested in seeing 100mph Omega going up against a Jericho who's been looking slower, and slower, and slower each time he shows his face in the WWE.

I think that part of the reason Jericho has been looking slower and slower in WWE is because WWE's approach to presenting veterans tends to be "pretend they're always as good as they always were" - WWE Jericho is in there running through the Greatest Hits, rather than adapting his style to fit the fact that he's older, slower and a little heavier. Outside of the "WWE Style", I'm really curious to see what Jericho comes up with, and how well he gels with Kenny Omega, and with NJPW in general - though, on the other side of the coin, he's worked nothing but "WWE Style" for near on 20 years.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

The WTL blocks are out as well. They're so hilariously disproportionate. A Block is crap when you stack it up against the B Side. Some interesting combinations in there though. I'm keeping my eyes out for Cobb/Elgin, Finlay/Kitamura and K.E.S returning. 

Have you got a list of the blocks at all

Thanks 

Block A Block B
Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens 0 Beretta and Chuckie T. 0
Evil and Sanada 0 Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer 0
Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi 0 David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura 0
Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi 0 Hanson and Raymond Rowe 0
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima 0 Henare and Togi Makabe 0
Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan 0 Jeff Cobb and Michael Elgin 0
Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata 0 Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa 0
Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka 0 Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

@SBD

Edited by AdamTH17

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:
Block A Block B
Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens 0 Beretta and Chuckie T. 0
Evil and Sanada 0 Davey Boy Smith, Jr. and Lance Archer 0
Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi 0 David Finlay and Katsuya Kitamura 0
Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi 0 Hanson and Raymond Rowe 0
Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima 0 Henare and Togi Makabe 0
Juice Robinson and Sami Callihan 0 Jeff Cobb and Michael Elgin 0
Manabu Nakanishi and Yuji Nagata 0 Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa 0
Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka 0 Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano

@SBD

Thank You 

Tough to pick who will face Killer Elite Squad at Wrestle Kingdom looking at those brackets... 

Surely not another Guerillas Of Destiny or War Machine win considering they’ve been feuding with K.E.S for some time, I like the chances of Ishii and Yano and possibly Sanada and Evil.

• Paid Members

I'm going to go Evil & Sanada. Them knocking off KES would make a good laying the table for "this is going to be a big night for LIJ" which obviously might or not end up true.