NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Yano is brilliant. He always comes along at the perfect time to break the intensity and hard hitting nature of these cards. My top 3 Yano moments are the hair pulling spot with Omega, tying Juice's braids to the guard rail for a 19 count and best one getting put in the paradise lock by Sanada and just being stuck up on the ramp for fucking ages and losing!!!

Is that the same as Milano Collection AT's one that he used as one of his many llave finishes?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ambulance Chaser said:

Mate you just spoke in a foreign language, I have no idea what that is.

Sanada basically gets them face down arse up and wraps the arms underneath and behind the ankles, it's ridiculous and could be escaped in 3 seconds but looks pretty cool.

From your description, it's the same. Milano Collection AT is now retired, but he was a DragonGate alumnus who left to go to NJPW. His gimmick was that he was an Italian-style fashionista, and his wrestling style was called llave - it's sort of a combination of lucha with submission wrestling, so lots of bizarre and outlandish submissions. He used the Paradise Lock in DG a fair bit.

• Paid Members

Psychotically looking forward to Tana/Naito and Omega/Okada now. Fully expect a Naito v Omega final with Naito avenging his loss in last year's effective semi, giving us WK with Okada v Naito on top supported by Kenny v Kota.

Edited by air_raid

7 hours ago, Carbomb said:

From your description, it's the same. Milano Collection AT is now retired, but he was a DragonGate alumnus who left to go to NJPW. His gimmick was that he was an Italian-style fashionista, and his wrestling style was called llave - it's sort of a combination of lucha with submission wrestling, so lots of bizarre and outlandish submissions. He used the Paradise Lock in DG a fair bit.

It is the same move. First guy i ever saw do it was Mr Niebla in CMLL. Milano used to do a version using the ropes as well. Milano was said to be training for a comeback

Day 13
Tomohiro Ishii vs. Bad Luck Fale
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Togi Makabe

Day 14
Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL

Day 15
Kota Ibushi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Day 16
Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

Yano/Tonga from Day 14 is worth a look if you want more Yano

Edited by ultimo the great

• Paid Members

So that is the G1 finished. 

The grand final was my match of the tournament, especially as I was never in doubt about the finish of Okada vs Omega yesterday. 

Plus Shibata appeared! Truly emotional moment.

Looking forward to ZSJ getting his IC Title shot...

Yeah. What a tournament. I imagine Okada will lose to Naito at the Tokyo Dome. It feels like it's Naito's time, and Okada probably can't survive another year wrestling at the level he has this year. At the start of the year I figured Omega Okada would headline the next one with Omega winning, but I'm sort of glad they're not.

Of course, it might also  be just in case Omega's planning on leaving next year, and if he stays they can give him the belt a few months down the line.

There's so many guys in NJPW who feel like they're going places right now. EVIL, ZSJ, Naito (though he's really there already), Omega obviously... even Juice looks like he's on the cusp.

Does anyone know what Shibata said? Was it just 'I'm back' or something like that?

Was hoping for an Omega victory, but it was Naito's year. What a match.

The though of Omega becoming just another 50/50 Superstar terrifies me.

Anyone else see Kevin giving Rocky directions during the main event? After the middle rope kneck breaker, you could clearly see him signal "three" to Rocky who immediately starts talking about it being the third kneck breaker. Funny little distraction.

Killer Elite Squad returning was also a good moment. Suzuki-gun is actually a pretty stacked faction.

Thinking back to yesterday's show is Taichi the only heel in the promotion that actually gets crowd heat?

The Suzuki and Big Mike showdown was pretty great.

Edited by The King Of Swing

I think I get more hyped for G1 than Mania these days. The blocks and round robin format mean you always get a great mix of solid mains and odd pairings, plus a healthy dose of old bastards slapping about but building up the new dogs.

Great sendoff for Nagata. His tears in front of a sea of fan signs was a wonderful final image. It was his generation with Stone Cold Keiji Muto and Kojima that got me into Japanese wrestling.

Nothing more to be said about Okada and Naito. How you get so good so young is beyond me.

Of the guys I'm less familiar with (and I'm not fussed about gaijins), Sanada was my standout. Seeing him square off with Suzuki and Kojima felt like his star being made, and he's already over with the crowds. A snappier finish and another year of seasoning and he'll be nipping at Naito's heels.

Does anyone have an English transcript of Yano's press conference that corpsed Okada?

Edited by CavemanLynn