NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Tip for anyone who's tried to run NJPW World on a Chromebook and failed because it's not supported -- there's a Chrome extension called User-Agent Switch for Chrome that lets you pretend your browser is something else. Switching it to pretend to be Firefox does the trick:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg

So the full Wrestle Kingdom 12 card has been confirmed for January 4th, Predictions in Bold 

Preshow: New Japan Rumble: Bushi

IWGP Jr Tag Titles: RPG 3K (c) Vs The Young Bucks 

Never Openweight 6 Man Titles Gauntlet Match: Bad Luck Fale and GOD (c) Vs War Machine and Michael Elgin Vs Taguchi, Juice and Makabe Vs Ishii, Yano and Trent Vs Zack Sabre Jr, Lizuka and Taichi

Cody Vs Kota Ibushi

IWGP Tag Titles: KES (c) Vs Evil and Sanada

Never Openweight title Hair Vs Title: Minoru Suzuki (c) Vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title: Marty Scurll (c) Vs Will Ospreay Vs Kushida Vs Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP IC Title: Tanahashi (c) Vs Jay White

IWGP Us Title No DQ: Kenny Omega (c) Vs Chris Jericho

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Okada (c) Vs Naito

Bring it on 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

7 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Preshow: New Japan Rumble - Kitamura

IWGP Jr Tag Titles: RPG 3K (c) Vs The Young Bucks 

Never Openweight 6 Man Titles Gauntlet Match: Bad Luck Fale and GOD (c) Vs War Machine and Michael Elgin Vs Taguchi, Juice and Makabe Vs Ishii, Yano and Trent Vs Zack Sabre Jr, Lizuka and Taichi

Cody Vs Kota Ibushi

IWGP Tag Titles: KES (c) Vs Evil and Sanada

Never Openweight title Hair Vs Title: Minoru Suzuki (c) Vs Hirooki Goto

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title: Marty Scurll (c) Vs Will Ospreay Vs Kushida Vs Hiromu Takahashi

IWGP IC Title: Tanahashi (c) Vs Jay White

IWGP Us Title No DQ: Kenny Omega (c) Vs Chris Jericho

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Okada (c) Vs Naito

My predictions in bold

Good to see Shawn Michael's tag partner from Backlash 2006 back in the business and teaming with Fale.

On a serious note, booooo Ishii wasted at a 2nd WK in a row, booooooooooooooooo! Fucking Jay White gets Tanahashi but Ishii has to team with Yano & Trent, as much as I like those guys that's shite.

Edited by sj5522

On 19/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, air_raid said:

Jericho wins? Fuck me, that's the biggest "I told you so" ever if he does. No fucking chance.

I think it would make a lot of sense, what with a more limited NJPW schedule and NJPW breaking into the States. Throw the belt on Jericho and get some possible mainstream media from it in the western world. Perfect publicity for the AXS show and the live events next year.

• Paid Members

Not a chance. Jericho's come in as the outsider telling Kenny Omega he's not good enough. If Jericho wins, that's telling the viewers that, yeah, Jericho was right all along, Kenny Omega's not good enough. Would be a mental decision - he's there as the import to put over the "local" talent. Omega vs. Jericho is a symbolic "New Japan vs. WWE" match, knowing that they're going to have people watching that have never watched before. It's all about telling those first-time viewers that NJPW is the real deal.

The only way I can see Jericho going over is if Cody somehow costs Omega the match to build into the next phase of Bullet Club with Omega on the way out, but even then, that's only if Jericho's sticking around for multiple matches, and I doubt that he is.

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Not a chance. Jericho's come in as the outsider telling Kenny Omega he's not good enough. If Jericho wins, that's telling the viewers that, yeah, Jericho was right all along, Kenny Omega's not good enough. Would be a mental decision - he's there as the import to put over the "local" talent. Omega vs. Jericho is a symbolic "New Japan vs. WWE" match, knowing that they're going to have people watching that have never watched before. It's all about telling those first-time viewers that NJPW is the real deal.

The only way I can see Jericho going over is if Cody somehow costs Omega the match to build into the next phase of Bullet Club with Omega on the way out, but even then, that's only if Jericho's sticking around for multiple matches, and I doubt that he is.

Jericho will be at New years dash