NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's always going to come up at Wrestle Kingdom, because NJPW contracts (mostly) run January-to-January, so there's always the possibility. I don't see Omega going anywhere any time soon, though.

He's a lock to either win the belt this year or win the G1 again, and I cant fathom that he won't go on last with Okada at next year's Kingdom so no, I can't see him leaving any time soon.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I wasn't suggesting that he needs WWE per se, but if they were to make a good enough offer you'd expect him to take it. It's all hypothetical at this stage, but if they can lure AJ Styles away with a good deal and convince Shinsuke Nakamura to relocate from his homeland and promotion, they could get Omega if they wanted to

Differences being that Styles had family in the States to be near as an additional lure to the "make the big money" factor, and that Shinsuke had already accomplished everything there was to do in New Japan and had no goals left to achieve there. Kenny is in neither of those boats. His course is far from run over there, he loves Japan, and he's got the Jacksons with him.

Plus if we want to argue they could get him, financially, I'm not convinced they'd offer him enough to come. I don't think they'd want him enough. In terms of the US fan base he represents far more of an unknown commodity that Styles did thus more of a gamble. I'm not convinced "WWE would pay Omega up to X" and "Omega would leave New Japan for Y" has a solution for X = Y.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, air_raid said:

He's a lock to either win the belt this year or win the G1 again, and I cant fathom that he won't go on last with Okada at next year's Kingdom so no, I can't see him leaving any time soon.

I'd have thought we'd get Omega/Ibushi next year - that must have been a lock for this year's WK, until the Jericho match became a possibility. While going with Jericho was absolutely the right choice, it is a shame that it's at the expense of one of the most intriguingly built matches they could run with, given the years of history between the two. I think, by next year's WrestleKingdom, we either finally get the Kota Ibushi vs. Kenny Omega match, or else Omega is booted from Bullet Club and teams with Ibushi to try and take them down.

13 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I wasn't suggesting that he needs WWE per se, but if they were to make a good enough offer you'd expect him to take it. It's all hypothetical at this stage, but if they can lure AJ Styles away with a good deal and convince Shinsuke Nakamura to relocate from his homeland and promotion, they could get Omega if they wanted to

I think Nakamura was very much to test himself - he'd done all he could in NJPW, and had started to gain a measure of popularity in the States, and wanted to see to what extent he could capitalise on that, and see if it was possible for a Japanese star to become a top level name in the US, while knowing full well NJPW would welcome him back with open arms if it all went tits up. Styles to WWE was always about the money - as soon as they made it worth his while, why wouldn't he go?

Omega talks a big game about not wanting to work there unless things are exactly the way he wants them to be and, honestly, I believe him. I don't think he'll leave NJPW until he's had a title reign and a singles match with Kota Ibushi, and that if he does leave it'll be because he's done all he can there - but by that point, I don't think there'll be that much hype around him on a global scale any more. WWE really needed to bring him in as soon after the first Okada match as possible - he's a guy that, to a wider audience, needs to already have some momentum behind him to have a decent run in WWE, much like Styles debuting in the Rumble.

And, like air_raid said, Omega doesn't really fit the usual "gaijin" bill - he's not just there to make the big money, then come back to his family in the US. He lives in Japan, is perfectly happy there, and doesn't seem to have any real desire to return to North America.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, air_raid said:

I don't think they'd want him enough.

And that sadly is the reason why I think we may never see the Young Bucks in a WWE ring, not anytime soon anyway. As long as they are making good money on the indies (and according to reports they are making a killing), then it would need a VERY good offer from WWE. Especially seeing as they (or one of them, at least) have a young family they won't be seeing regularly. Sure, they're marks and making a name for themselves in the WWE is still probably be their ultimate goal, but I don't think they will do it unless all their ducks are lined up. Which is a damn shame, because they could become a legit legendary WWE tag team.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Can try web browser. I use web browser on my Xbox One and it works perfectly. 

oh nice shout, im gonna subcribe for January, hadnt thought of that.

Edited by Egg Shen