NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Still reeling from only paying £20 plus fees for two matches the calibre of Okada v ZSJ and Ishii v MiSu. While its not THE best vfm show I ever attended (that would be an All Japan show I went to for free) I doubt £20 will ever buy me better entertainment.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Both UK shows are now on NJPWorld. Terrible crowd micing though.

Yea, Rev Pro’s production quality is quite poor. 

Kevin Kelly mic level seems perfect also whilst Andy Simmons seems to scream into the mic from millimetres away. 

Also finger prints on the camera lens...

Edited by TildeGuy~!

For one of the better companies in the UK I would expect better. Watching it back it I shocking how poor the production really is. Blurred cameras, crappy announcing (sorry Simmons!) and dodgy camera angles. They don't mic up the ring very well it seems so everything is a bit tinny.

• Paid Members

I’ve never been comfortable with anyone taking that daft bump that Takahashi broke his neck on. It always looked super dangerous. Hoping he’s okay, but fuck that move. This should be a lesson to everyone to bin it off entirely.

Edited by Supremo

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

I’ve never been comfortable with anyone taking that daft bump that Takahashi broke his neck on. It always looked super dangerous. Hoping he’s okay, but fuck that move. This should be a lesson to everyone to bin it off entirely.

Wrestling in general just needs to calm down a bit I think. WWE having its talent take that stupid ring apron powerbomb spot with alarming frequency is worrying and talent like Paige having to retire from a broken neck at just 25 and Ospreay being in constant pain at the same age is just unnecessary.

Yes, accidents happen and wrestling will take its toll on your body anyway but I think unless wrestlers, and fans, start accepting working safer and smarter matches then stuff like this will, sadly, continue to happen.

Thank God the number of wrestlers dying young at an alarming frequency has dropped rapidly these past few years but I dont want that replaced with wrestlers who struggle to function when they're in their 30's/40's because of all the crazy risks and bumps they took instead. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yes, accidents happen and wrestling will take its toll on your body anyway but I think unless wrestlers, and fans, start accepting working safer and smarter matches then stuff like this will, sadly, continue to happen.

It definitely can happen, look at unprotected chairshots to the head. I think seeing one now is so rare that it is not only shocking when you do, but it makes for far fewer avoidable brain injuries. The same will hopefully happen with these head drop moves that are so dangerous and yet could easily be replaced by something as spectacular looking with minimal compromise on flash, but maximum safety to in-ring competitors.