Tomohiro Ishii 4

Hirooki Goto 4

Tama Tonga 2

Juice Robinson 2

Toru Yano 2

Latest standings as of 30/07/2018

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I’ve loved the Omega and Naito matches but the highlight of the G1 so far has got to be Red Shoes giving it the double bird and DQ’ing the Tongans. It almost made it worth watching all the daft interference from the first few nights. Awesome moment. 

Toru Yano has been a joy to watch in this G1, I look forward to all of his matches, Nights 7 and 8 matches below, predictions in bold, points in brackets.

Sunday 22nd July

Michael Elgin (4) Vs Yoshi Hashi (0)

Evil (4) Vs Bad Luck Fale (2)

Jay White (6) Vs Minoru Suzuki (2)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (4) Vs Hangman Page (2) 

Togi Makabe (4) Vs Kazuchika Okada (2)

Thursday July 26th

Hirooki Goto (2) Vs Toru Yano (2)

Tetsuya Naito (4) Vs Tama Tonga (2)

Tomohiro Ishii (4) Vs Zack Sabre Jr (2)

Juice Robinson (0) Vs Kenny Omega (6)

Sanada (4) Vs Kota Ibushi (4)

• Paid Members
On 6/19/2018 at 6:50 PM, air_raid said:

ibushi beats Zack in Ota, Switchblade beats Tana in Hokkaido, I reckon Goto beats Kenny at Korakuen.

EDIT - fuck, Ibushi is losing to Yano at Korakuen, isn't he.

Doing alright here. Wish I'd had thought to include Zack losing to Sanada because just like the Ibushi match you knew the loss from the New Japan Cup would be avenged. I love New Japan bell to bell but the 50/50 stuff makes a lot of matches predictable.

With that said, today's show was great. Zack and Sanada meshed incredibly well, Goto v Ishii was a great fight.

Next shows have a few interesting fights on. MiSu is nailed on to beat Switchbland, Jay's 3 for 3 so it's time for him to lose, he's not winning the block. No fucking chance. Since Kenny hasn't lost yet I think he might lose to Juice although I'd be more confident in them setting up Juice for a title shot if he didn't already have a belt of his own. Still think Kenny loses so he doesn't get too far ahead of Kota. And because he won their last meeting.

I'd be amiss if I didn't mention how gutted I was when Fale got his semi-regular win over Okada. This means they'll be wrestling yet again at Destruction doesn't it? Ughh.

What I am enjoying is that none of the matches are putting me off seeing any of them happen again. Even with only 7 months of watching new japan, the hierarcy is clear as to who can usually beat who. But with g1 history having shock wins etc, I’m paying attention to makabe and yoshi matches with interest, hell even the tag matches each night further the stories. How they manage to link it all up is beyond me. 

6 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Has anybody been having issues with NJ World lagging? Everything was working fine up until Thursday when watching that days show and it was lagging constantly. I've not even been able to load todays show so far. 

You using high or low quality? I watch through Edge on the XBox and don't even entertain HQ.

• Paid Members

Fabulous little coupon-buster from Yoshi-Hashi today. He's always got one of those in him but today the build and nearfalls were excellent. I believed, then my hope dimmed, then he won. Lovely stuff.

• Paid Members

I think Toru Yano is the front runner for MVP of the tourney for me. I never used to like him but his shtick of trying to play it straight before falling back into his old habits has me hooked. Ibushi and Sabre are also in the innings for this prestigious award.

Talking of Zack, I really enjoyed his match with SANADA. I think it probably got drowned out with how awesome the rest of that card was (apart the incredibly frustrating Tonga/Omega match) but it really warrants a second viewing to appreciate it away from the rest of the show.

A block continues to be okay. The slow transformation of Okada back to the Rainmaker is a highlight of that group though. The crowd is going to apeshit when Okada comes out with his big gold coat for his match against Tanahashi.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The crowd is going to apeshit when Okada comes out with his big gold coat for his match against Tanahashi.

What a match that will be. The usual 50/50 stuff would suggest Tana wins but I can't help the feeling that Okada MUST win A Block, anyone else would be an obvious "losing finalist" of Goto-in-2016 levels. Temptation to give Tana a main event win at Budokan as one last glorious accolade must be massive but he's (let's be fair) the past now, Okada's the present and future. He has to win.

• Paid Members

Tried to catch some of the GI matches today during my lunch break. I didn't realize that you can't rewind the live stream on an android device (like you can do on the browser version and virtually every other live streaming service out there). So it was either watch from the middle of an on-going match or not at all. I chose the latter. Fuck's sake.

Fantastic match today between ZSJ/Ishii, loving TAKA’s Paul Heyman role.

Night 9 and 10s matches below, my predictions in bold, points in brackets

Friday 27th July

Michael Elgin (4) Vs Minoru Suzuki (2)

Evil (6) Vs Hangman Page (2) 

Jay White (6) Vs Bad Luck Fale (2)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (6) Vs Togi Makabe (4)

Kazuchika Okada (4) Vs Yoshi Hashi (2)

Saturday 28th July

Tama Tonga (2) Vs Zack Sabre Jr (4)

Juice Robinson (0) Vs Toru Yano (2)

Tomohiro Ishii (4) Vs Kota Ibushi (4)

Hirooki Goto (4) Vs Tetsuya Naito (6)

Kenny Omega (8) Vs Sanada (6)

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Great match just now between Kenny and Sanada. With Omega needing to lose at least once to give Kota a chance of catching him by Budokan, they really made me believe that this was it. I was writing a "Omega v Sanada at Destruction then" post in my head already.

I will say this ; I think 2019 will be a big year for Sanada where they test out if he's worth rolling the dice on later and I think you may see him win the New Japan Cup or be next year's G1 losing finalist, with a view to being in a big singles match by Kingdom 14. Probably going over Tana if his knee hasn't given up by then.

• Paid Members
Right, I've did the best I can with working out the ramifications for the next two G1 shows. I worked this all out using pen and paper so hoepfully there are no errors. Feel free to double check though, as I'm sure as shit not perfect and my math/logical problem solving skills are woeful.

A Block 30/7 notes -

- If EVIL or Tanahashi or Okada win or Adam Page loses, Adam Page will be eliminated.
- If EVIL or Tanahashi or Okada or Suzuki win or Yoshi Hashi loses, Yoshi Hashi will be eliminated.
- If EVIL or Tanahashi win and Makabe loses, Makabe will be eliminated.
- If EVIL or Tanahashi win and Fale loses, Fale will be eliminated.

B Block 8/1 notes

- Juice Robinson and Tama Tonga are all ready eliminated.

- If Kenny Omega wins, Toru Yano is eliminated.
- If Kenny Omega wins, Zack will be eilimated.
- If Kenny Omega or Naito win or Goto loses, Goto will be eliminated.
- If Kenny Omega or Naito win and Ishii loses, Ishii wil be eliminated.
- If Kenny Omega Wins and Sanasa loses, Sanada will eliminated.

All this was calculated using tie-breakers and potential points. For example, Sabre currently has 6 points and his total potential is 14 points. If Kenny defeats Sabre, Kenny will be at 12 points and Sabre's potential drops to 12 points. Even if Zack were to win every match and Kenny were to lose every match afterwards, placing Sabre at 12 points, the most he can do is tie with Kenny. Therefore, as Kenny has the tie breaker, Sabre is eliminated.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

It's basically right, though technically you could have a situation where more than two guys are tied. When that happens you have to do a mini league table that only includes the matches that group of guys had against each other.

In reality, they did that once (with a five way tie) and it was so painful for the audience to follow that they will likely never do that again.