NJPW World

Sphinx

12 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Okada vs Ibushi, Naito vs Jericho and Tanahashi vs Omega for Wrestle Kingdom then?

That would be a great card for Wrestle Kingdom but there's a few big shows before then anything can happen .... Have to say I was rooting for Tanahashi but the last 15 mins of the match was to hard to call but I'm glad Tanahashi won. 

• Paid Members

I was completely sucked in for that last half of the Ibushi/Tanahashi match and was living and dying with the near falls there at the end. I couldn't call it at all and really thought Tanahashi was a goner after the lawn dart/German from the ropes/followed by the sit out powerbomb. Top notch stuff. The only other match I watched was the six man tag involving Mysterio. That fella Sho is in some bloody nick. 

1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

That fella Sho is in some bloody nick. 

He's a hell of a worker to he's gonna have a epic run with the Jr title in a year or 2... Speaking of the the Jr title what's happening with it with ever since the legendary and amazing Hiromu Takahashi got injured. 

• Paid Members

Take this with a pinch of salt as this is wrestling and could be part of the on-going story, but I really hope this is true. This Firing Squad stuff is complete trash but the inclusion of authority figures just pushes it over the edge. I watch New Japan as an alternative to WWE, so I'm not into these types of angles at all. 

• Paid Members

Watched Tanahashi vs Ibushi this morning. How I stayed spoiler free for a week, I'll never know. 

Wonderful match. Right result. Popped big for the finish. 

Chris Charlton with Kevin Kelly and Rocky Romero really makes the English announce team. 

Looking forward to a bit of a rest until the September shows now!

Here’s some of the highlighted matches announced for the next months

Saturday September 15th

Kenny Omega (c) Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Monday September 17th

Hirooki Goto (c) Vs Taichi

Minoru Suzuki Vs Tetsuya Naito 

Sunday September 23rd

Kushida Vs Bushi - Semi Final for Jr Title

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Kazuchika Okada for the G1 Briefcase

The USA Show Sunday September 30th

Juice Robinson (c) Vs Cody

The Young Bucks (c) Vs Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa

Will Ospreay Vs Marty Scurll - Semi Final for Jr Title

Monday October 8th

Finals for The IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'd delete that Tongas match. No one wants to see that, even if the Bucks are in their to elevate it. 

Ospreay/Ishii vs Golden Lovers match is scheduled for the 7th and should be added to that list and highlighted in bright, luminous green as that sounds like a corker. They're clearly building something between Ibushi and Ospreay, dating as far back as almost three years ago, so I'm penciling that in as my prediction for a Wrestle Kingdom match.

Also, Chuckie T and Trent are back! Couldn't be happier with that news. 

• Paid Members

It's a nice welcome break from watching 5 match cards to just catching a couple of matches per day. Less is more in the immediate post-G1 months.

Bit weird that they're sticking Kenny/Ishii and Omega/Tanahashi on those Destruction shows though as I imagined they were bound for KOPW. They must have bigger plans in store.

Some really interesting bits of booking there. They've given themselves quite a few possibilities. 

Firstly, they're not waiting until KOPW to go with Omega/Ishii. That suggests to me they've got something bigger lined up for that show, and the only match that makes sense in that regard would be a rematch with Naito/Omega after Naito beats Suzuki, which surely he's going to do. If Okada beats Tanahashi for the briefcase, Naito winning that match seems like the greater likelihood, but I wouldn't want to not see Omega/Tanahashi headline this year. Naito's momentum can wait until WK14. Then again you could have Naito getting his win back over Jericho at KOPW and defending the IC belt against Okada at the Dome, but that match not headlining seems almost impossible.

Okada dropping another clean loss to Tanahashi is doubtful, especially so close to Kingdom, so you've probably got Switchblade interference to kickstart his fully fledged heel turn and set up a "Winner takes CHAOS" match at the Dome, but because White could challenge for the briefcase after beating Tana, it would then be likely to see Okada costing Switchblade, and two main events being marred with the exact same style of interference doesn't really suit New Japan. 

7 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Is there a trick to watching the G1? Because otherwise how can anyone find the time to watch so many shows?

Which are the "must watch" G1 days this year?

I’d punt on the top 10 matches, or if you’re into your novelty and comedy I enjoyed every Toru Yano match in the G1, I can’t help but smile when he wrestles.

10. Hirooki Goto vs. Tomohiro Ishii – B Block: July 21st

9. SANADA vs. Kota Ibushi – B Block: July 26th

8. Kenny Omega vs. Hirooki Goto – B Block: July 19th

7. Tomohiro Ishii vs. SANADA – B Block: August 11th

6. Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi – A Block: August 10th

5. Tomohiro Ishii vs. Kota Ibushi – B Block: July 28th 

4. Tetsuya Naito vs. Kenny Omega – B Block: July 15th

3. Kota Ibushi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi – Finals: August 12th

2. Kenny Omega vs. Kota Ibushi – B Block: August 11th

1. Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii – B Block: August 4th

Edited by TildeGuy~!