NJPW World

Sphinx

For those of you interested: https://www.njpw1972.com/37866?utm_source=hootsuite&utm_medium=&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=

【Announcement and Apology】

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce that Will Osprey will miss the event in Osaka on November 3rd (Sat). As such the NEVER Openweight Championship match has been canceled.

Having become injured in the UK, Will Ospreay has been undergoing treatment. However, his treatment has not progressed as quickly as we had hoped and unfortunately, he will have to miss the event on November 3 (Saturday) in Osaka Prefectural Gym (Edion Arena Osaka).

As a result, the NEVER Openweight Championship match (Taichi vs Will Ospreay), scheduled for the same event, will be canceled.

We offer our sincerest apologies to our fans who were looking forward to this championship match. Good luck Will, we look forward to your return at upcoming events.

New Japan Pro Wrestling Co., Ltd.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Richard said:

He needs a good 6 months off, to be honest. Not only has he got a little stale, but he seems to be getting injured every other month. 

I disagree that he has gotten stale but absolutely agree that he needs a lot more time off. He's easily in the Top 5 in the world right now and the scene will be a tad poorer without him, but it will be better in the long-term.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:03 AM, Richard said:

He needs a good 6 months off, to be honest. Not only has he got a little stale, but he seems to be getting injured every other month. 

Or maybe, if he is getting injured every month, he needs to scale back doing some of the ridiculous stuff he does.
He is at a point now where he can make small adjustments to his style that will benefit his long term health and he can save the big spots for big matches.
It worked wonders for Pac/Neville. 

Sadly, young William does not come across as the brightest bulb in the box sometimes so I envisage his 'I'm having fun. Don't tell me to slow down/ease up, Grandad' attitude will be around for a while yet. I just seriously hope he doesnt cripple himself before he realises that he can still have a good match by working smarter.

Catching up on some of the super jr tag league, good stuff in there. I’ve not seen much of Shingo from Dragon Gate but he seems to have seemlessly dropped into LIJ. Judging by his colour commentary, I’m pretty sure Lanny Poffo has never seen an NJPW show in his life. 

My WK13 ticket arrived today as well and it’ll be my first trip to Japan. Can’t wait.

Power Struggle this Saturday here’s the card.

IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Chris Jericho(c) Vs Evil

Singles Match

Tetsuya Naito Vs Zack Sabre Jr

RevPro British Heavyweight Championship 

Tomohiro Ishii(c) Vs Minoru Suzuki

Never Openweight Championship

Taichi(c) Vs Hirooki Goto

Super Jr Tag League Final - Three Way Match

El Desperado and Kanemaru Vs Bushi and Shingo Tagaki Vs Sho and Yoh

Hiroshi Tanahashi and David Finlay Vs Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi

Kazuchika Okada and Beretta Vs “Switchblade” Jay White and Bad Luck Fale

Kushida, Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma Vs Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa and Robbie Eagles

Soberano Jr, Volador Jr, Tiger Mask and Jushin Thunder Liger Vs Toa Henare, ACH, Chris Sabin and Ryusuke Taguchi

After that we move onto the World Tag League!

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Quietly banging card that. Only thing that doesn't sound great is the TAICHI/Goto match. Think everything else has the potential to be really good, especially Naito/ZSJ and Ishii/Suzuki. 

Got fed up of the super J cast just shitting on omega tweets for 30 mins every week, any other new japan podcast out there worth listening to? Don’t have the time to watch every show put up during tournaments so good to hear a recap of what happened 

Jay White is claiming he’s got a mole in Chaos and teasing them to jump ship to Bullet Club at Power Struggle, any guesses? 

Rocky Romero was my initial guess, maybe Beretta as he’s teaming with Okada against White and Fale on Saturday?

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Great show - loved Jericho /  Evil and a good old fashioned submission to the walls.....I just missed the first hour as I screwed up on the start time! I thought it was a 9.30am start!

Now onto ROH Survival of the Fittest tomorrow night.

13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jericho retaining against Evil was a surprise, guess the Jericho/Naito rematch is all but confirmed for Wrestle Kingdom.

Was it? Surely, Jericho defending against EVIL and then being challenged by his LIJ mate in Naito so he can get his win back on the Dome was the most predictable thing on the show? I love me a bit of EVIL, but there was no chance he was walking into Wrestle Kingdom as the champion when you have such an obvious rematch in Naito/Jericho.

11 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Was it? Surely, Jericho defending against EVIL and then being challenged by his LIJ mate in Naito so he can get his win back on the Dome was the most predictable thing on the show? I love me a bit of EVIL, but there was no chance he was walking into Wrestle Kingdom as the champion when you have such an obvious rematch in Naito/Jericho.

I was expecting Evil to take the belt, makes a new star and gives us a new match up for Evil and the IC title in the process for Wrestle Kingdom, Naito/Jericho doesn’t need a belt attached.