NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I'm going to have to miss the rumble and probably the very start of the opener. I work nights and if everything goes to plan I should be back home at 8.05. Trouble is the trains are rarely on time. Hopefully will still make it by bell time on the first match.

Traditionally I've streamed WrestleKingdom via my laptop but my folks have a spare fire stick now so I've borrowed that. Watching Road to WrestleKingdom on it now and it's pretty user friendly and streams perfectly. For those that have used the Fire stick streaming live how is it?

Hasn't the rumble been replaced by a six man tag gauntlet this year?

I stream on my Xbox One's browser, watched multiple shows live with no issues. And the old buffering issue hasn't been a problem in a long time.

Ddtuniverse on the other hand has gone to complete shit on the Xbox browser yet strangely enough now works pretty well on the PS4 browser being as far as I am aware the only Japanese promotion streaming service that works on it.

Edited by The King Of Swing

On 12/29/2018 at 1:22 PM, The King Of Swing said:

This.

The "lose access the moment you cancel" thing seems to be very specific to Japanese streaming services. Not all of them though.

I suspect that it might be linked to whoever the promotions use to supply their content streaming. I think Stardom, Wave and Big Japan all use the same platform for example.

Any idea if Dragon Gate’s service is the same deal..?

3 hours ago, firstnameunknown said:

Any idea if Dragon Gate’s service is the same deal..?

Only briefly subbed a while back so don't remember, sorry. Only thing I really remember is not being very impressed by their service and dropping it quickly.

New Japan, Stardom and DDT are the only ones I've stuck with. Might give Big Japan another go sometime.

7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is anyone else having issues with video playback? I tried watching the Ospery/Tanahashi v Omega/Ibushi match as it’s Free at the moment but all I’m getting is Black. I was going to re-sub for Wrestle Kingdom next week, but if I can’t get stuff to work I don’t want to waste my money

Maybe give it another go in a couple of days, if you wanted to watch the Tag Match, New Japan uploaded it on YouTube.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

how was Bob Sapp in NJPW? i know he probably got that spot because his superstardom in Japan at the time but he very much looks like the oddman out there. What kind of reaction did him winning the belt have?

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

how was Bob Sapp in NJPW? i know he probably got that spot because his superstardom in Japan at the time but he very much looks like the oddman out there. What kind of reaction did him winning the belt have?

Was during the time Inoki was trying to prove his wrestlers were. Legit, most got destroyed but Fujita had some success.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Is anyone else having issues with video playback? I tried watching the Ospery/Tanahashi v Omega/Ibushi match as it’s Free at the moment but all I’m getting is Black. I was going to re-sub for Wrestle Kingdom next week, but if I can’t get stuff to work I don’t want to waste my money

Sometimes you can fix that by clicking on the SD option, then clicking back to HD.