NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I imagine this has been asked multiple times, does there streaming service bill from the 1st until the end of the month? So if I just want it for January I can subscribe on the 1st and as lo g as its cancelled by the 31st I will only be billed the one month

Thanks

30 minutes ago, SBD said:

I imagine this has been asked multiple times, does there streaming service bill from the 1st until the end of the month? So if I just want it for January I can subscribe on the 1st and as lo g as its cancelled by the 31st I will only be billed the one month

Thanks

Yes

Here's my WK13 predictions:

Will Ospreay vs Kota Ibushi

As I've alluded to before, I'm so amped for this that I already consider myself the winner. Hopefully neither dies, I see Kota picking up the win.

El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs BUSHI/Shingo Tagaki vs Roppongi 3K

Whilst I'd rather have had straight up 2v2 tag matches, BUSHI and Shingo definitely add to the quality of the match and it was a lot of fun last time out. I'm going for SHO and YOH to win the titles back here.

Tomohiro Ishii vs Zack Sabre Jr

Both have had great years in 2018 and their mix of styles is always fascinating. Nice change to see the RevPro belt on the line on the WK card in place of ROH/NWA etc for a change. Ishii retains.

Guerillas of Destiny vs EVIL/SANADA vs Young Bucks

Even though it's lame that the Bucks just turned up at the end of the tag league and got added to the match, I think it'll definitely be a better match with them in. Can't see them winning though and I think EVIL and SANADA are both in for bigger singles runs in 2019 so GoD retain.

Cody vs Juice Robinson

I, like a most other NJPW fans I know, aren't too interested in this, especially with the abundance of quality throughout this card. Lets go for a big Juice win to get him back on track. 

KUSHIDA vs Taiji Ishimori

This is going to be awesome. Ishimori has been great since coming in, particularly that BOSJ final with Hiromu, and KUSHIDA always delivers. Ishimori takes this.

Jay White vs Kazuchika Okada

I've been really impressed with White's development this year, really enjoyed his match with Tanahashi recently as well. He's on the big stage with Okada, there's a good story behind it and I think this one may surprise people. Which sounds a stupid thing to say about an Okada match. Still, Kazuchika Okada will win.

Chris Jericho vs Tetsuya Naito

Naito wins. He just has to. Should be a belter though, really liked their Dominion match and the build up to this has been great.

Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

6 months ago I have said this was a nailed on Omega win. But all the speculation over the future of the Elite has put the outcome of this match into a great big question mark. Fuck it, I want Tanahashi to win so I'm going out on a limb and saying Tanahashi wins. And it will be wonderful.

Absolutely cannot wait for this. It'll be my first time in Japan and I'm travelling across New Zealand for a couple of weeks after so needless to say I haven't given a fuck about Xmas, it's all about next week. 

12 hours ago, SBD said:

Thanks

But DO NOT cancel straight away assuming you’re good for the month you’ve paid for. Your service will end as soon as you cancel.

• Paid Members

Courtesy of Chris Charlton's Twitter, here is the updated schedule for Jan 4th;

4pm JST/ 7am GMT: NEVER gauntlet

4:50pm JST/ 7:50am GMT : Opening and announcements for big 2019 cards

5pm JST/ 8am GMT: Main card start

This works out nicely for me. I won't have to leave the house until 9:30am and I'm usually up for 7am on most days, so I'll be able to catch a good chunk of this before going into a social media blackout for the following 9 hours.

Bit sad at no cheeseburger in the Rumble, also means none of the dads etc really in the show. Liked the mid 2000s powerslam pictures nostalgia of a Tenzan etc appearing 

On 12/27/2018 at 10:11 PM, firstnameunknown said:

But DO NOT cancel straight away assuming you’re good for the month you’ve paid for. Your service will end as soon as you cancel.

This.

The "lose access the moment you cancel" thing seems to be very specific to Japanese streaming services. Not all of them though.

I suspect that it might be linked to whoever the promotions use to supply their content streaming. I think Stardom, Wave and Big Japan all use the same platform for example.

Edited by The King Of Swing