NJPW World

Sphinx

Feel like nothing truly blew me away on this year’s show, but that’s largely just a testament to how good New Japan has been the last few years and the heightened expectations that brings. The idea that a five hour show can be SUCH an easy watch is what probably impressed me the most..!

It does blow me away how new Japan seem to get so much right. Like taka as zsj’s hype Man. On paper sounds shite, has been great all year together 

3 minutes ago, Louch said:

What’s the start time for New Years bash? 

9:30am start, presuming that we're talking GMT.

Working tomorrow, so will download the show when I'm home and watch it in the evening.

• Paid Members

Kingdom kind of passed me by a little. I didnt get invested in most of the undercard because of really obvious winners in the big singles matches. Kushida v Ishimori was my pick of the rest but Ishimori winning was such a cert, I wasn't into it.

The main became something excellent even if Kennys entrance reeked of "I'm off". I didn't get into it until fairly late because unlike years of Nakamura, AJ, Okada, Shibata and/or Naito matches I didn't have a dog in the fight but by the end I was pretty animated wanting Tana to win. He's truly one of a kind.

So coming out of New Years Dash it looks like we’ve got Juice/Baretta, Ishii/Nagata, Naito/Taichi and Tanahashi/White to look forward to at the New Beginning shows in February.

Switchblade is brilliant, easily the best heel of 2018 if your name isn’t Ciampa, he’s definitely winning the IWGP Heavyweight title this year. 

DtLTnD7V4AA9sCl?format=jpg&name=large

Star.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I don't get Jay White at all. Disappointed to see him get the push he's getting as he's nowhere near that level yet for me. I guess we'll see but I'm just not a fan in any way.

WK was a solid show. The opener was great but I did expect a little more from that combination. Enjoyed the last two matches the most although I do still have slight issues with the amount of moves Omega throws out there. But that's more down to my own personal preferences when it comes to wrestling. So many of his moves look like they could kill someone so I wish it took less. But I guess that's not JUST an Omega thing as such.

Having taken the time to watch more historic NJPW over the past year i definitely appreciated the main event win more.