NJPW World

Sphinx

45 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

... And whether this will be a Rev Pro show feat Njpw like last time... 

Doesn’t seem that way given it’s being solely branded as a NJPW show. And it’s hardly as though that was the case last time. We’ll probably get a Japan heavy card, with some RevPro regulars filling out the opening tag matches similarly to the first couple of USA shows.

The latest SCG Radio is up, just posting it here as the main topic is a break down Wrestle Kingdom 13, talking all the matches, the winners and losers, the greatness of Hiroshi Tanahashi, Switchblade as top heel, issues with the show, the outlook on the future and the big stories coming from the landmark event. From there, we discuss the apparent departure of Kenny Omega and the Elite, the impact it has, and the possibilities behind All Elite Wrestling. A look at the rally, the roster and whispers around the television deal are gone into, as the insanity of 2019 begins in grand fashion. A fun show, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/download/hh3k9g/SCG_Radio_145_-_Wrestle_Kingdom_13_and_All_Elite_Wrestling.mp3

• 2 weeks later...

So NJPW have announced the full cards for the New Beginning in USA shows and every match is a ROH match under the NJPW banner - https://www.njpw1972.com/42933

As you can imagine Twitter is pissed, and while they haven’t necessarily done anything wrong by not bringing any of the major stars over (no one specific was advertised), you do wonder how much, if at all, this will hurt New Japan’s growth in America.

Edited by JimboDangerous
Added link to the announcement

19 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Was it due to the government shut down which meant none of the Japanese talent were able to get Visas to work the shows? 

The simplest solution is often the right one I guess. Nagata, Goto, Ishii, Liger and Roppongi 3K aren’t on the Sapporo New Beginning shows so maybe they were the ones coming over.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Supremo said:

I've not watched anything since Wrestle Kingdom.

Have I missed anything worth catching up on?

No, The New Beginning shows start today though.

Edit: The Never 6 Man titles changed hands but those belts have always been missable.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

New Japan is getting a bit stale for me, the departures of The Elite and Kushida, Hiromu still being on the shelf, the never ending LIJ/Suzuki Gun feund and the constant pushing of the awful Jay White is making me lose interest rapidly.

Compare that with how I felt this time last year and it's like night and day. I understand Japan always has multi man matches on the undercard but when it's basically the same match throughout a whole tour as it's been with this New Begining tour it starts to become very easily missable. I hope they can start mixing things up a bit in the booking to make the product more exciting again because right now it's the least interesting it has been in years IMO.