NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

I’m about two or three shows behind, but I’ve got to say; I’m warming to both Juice Robinson and Jay White. For the longest time I thought they were shit, convinced they’d be the “Alberts” of this generation, lauded for being “good in Japan,” when they’re anything but. Both guys are having a brilliant tournemant and are really proving their worth. 

I still don’t see anything in Hangman Page though. All the other Bullet Club guys are always banging on about how good he is but I don’t get it at all.

• Paid Members

Based on remaining matches for Kenny, assuming him vs Kota is still going to be set up as decisive in B Block, he's nailed on to lose to Zack on Wednesday.

• Paid Members

I'll peg Ishii to win his next match as the one after that is against Omega, so it'll have the high stakes of it being Ishii's last shot at staying in the competition. You could even have Kenny lose there in order to keep Ishii more active and Zack can move onto the spoiler role.

I'm actually half thinking that Kota is going to win his block by beating Kenny via tie breaker. That way they both finish on top (stop sniggering at the back) with Kota finally getting the big rub of making it to the G1 finals.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm actually half thinking that Kota is going to win his block by beating Kenny via tie breaker.

100% the thoughts of everyone that's been thinking Okada v Ibushi final since before the thing started.

• Paid Members

I was always banking on an Okada/Naito final, with Naito getting the win he wanted over Okada and then taking on Omega at The Dome. Naito is still picking up those wins.

But what we all really want is for Ishii to win the whole bloody thing and go on to have 10 year reign as champ. Still got my fingers crossed that they somehow surprise us with that. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I was always banking on an Okada/Naito final, with Naito getting the win he wanted over Okada and then taking on Omega at The Dome. Naito is still picking up those wins.

This would be a good way to get to Omega v Naito, even though I think Naito v Okada and Kenny v Kota is the way they will go.

If Naito wins I'm immediately booking January off and spunking away another load of cash to go to Kingdom again.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

This would be a good way to get to Omega v Naito, even though I think Naito v Okada and Kenny v Kota is the way they will go.

If Naito wins I'm immediately booking January off and spunking away another load of cash to go to Kingdom again.

I feel like Kenny and Kota haven't really done much as a team for the past year to warrant any extra significance to them having a match at the Dome. They had the match with the Bucks, a few tags against Cody & Pals but nothing of note apart from that save for undercard mulitmans. Not saying I wouldn't love a Kenny/Kota dome match, but an extra year of them tagging together and focusing on the tag titles before a big Dome encounter will give it the final layer to make it really special. They could rush through it by having them enter the upcoming tag league together and then build from there, which may be enough to give it that OOMPH for January. 

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

All it takes is Kenny to not take it well that his boyfriend beats him and you have a nasty breakup real quick. Plus people have been clamouring for that match for ages and the seeds have been sewn forever. Kennys reluctant interference in Styles v Ibushi back in 2015, all the posturing during last year's G1... the last thing that match needs is another year of build, we've waited long enough.

• Paid Members

Fair enough, I can't blame anyone for wanting it now after waiting all this time. I'd still be incredibly happy if they have a huge match at the upcoming Wrestle Kingdom, I'm just a sucker for a long build. 

I guess I can say that I'm a bit disappointed with how their partnership has gone so far after all the teasing. I was really looking forward to them hitting the tag title scene and reliving those great DDT runs. Saying that, I'd be happy if they crammed it all in during the tag league (actually giving me a reason to watch as well as I usually skip it) and had the break-up during/after the finals leading to the big match in January.

You bring up travelling to watch Wrestle Kingdom and I've always found it weird that New Japan is the one promotion I love that I probably won't ever properly see live, at least not in the incarnation it is now. It will take an awful lot of convincing to get the missus to travel to Japan in January unless it's got some hidden tropical island.

Edited by Accident Prone

Standings for the G1 after Night 14

These will be updated after every show.

A Block

Hiroshi Tanahashi 12

‘Switchblade’ Jay White 10

Kazuchika Okada 10

Minoru Suzuki 8

Evil 8

Michael Elgin 6

Bad Luck Fale 6

Hangman Page 4

Togi Makabe 4

Yoshi Hashi 2

B Block

Kenny Omega 12

Kota Ibushi 10

Tetsuya Naito 10

Sanada 8

Zack Sabre Jr 8

Tomohiro Ishii 6

Hirooki Goto 6

Tama Tonga 4

Juice Robinson 4

Toru Yano 2

Latest standings as of 04/08/2018

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

It will take an awful lot of convincing to get the missus to travel to Japan in January unless it's got some hidden tropical island.

Well, there's Okinawa, which is gorgeous, but it's a fair way from the Japanese mainland. And whilst it's much nearer the Equator, not sure what the weather's like in January.

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Well, there's Okinawa, which is gorgeous, but it's a fair way from the Japanese mainland. And whilst it's much nearer the Equator, not sure what the weather's like in January.

Reading some Trip Advisor reviews, Mr J Hunt of Westminster recommends Hainan Island as Japans best tropical beach type location.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Reading some Trip Advisor reviews, Mr J Hunt of Westminster recommends Hainan Island as Japans best tropical beach type location.

Terrible man.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That's brilliant stuff! I'll use that when I broach the topic of the honeymoon soon. We're looking at a November wedding so this might be worth looking into as the timing works out. She gets the beach and she's hardly going to balk at Tokyo too.