NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

That's brilliant stuff! I'll use that when I broach the topic of the honeymoon soon. We're looking at a November wedding so this might be worth looking into as the timing works out. She gets the beach and she's hardly going to balk at Tokyo too.

Just to make sure you know: getting from Okinawa to mainland Japan can be expensive, so check around to see if you can get any deals. I recommend AirAsia or Skyscanner.

EDIT: This article is pretty good. Bear in mind it's still in the Northern Hemisphere, so it will still be winter there. Much warmer, but still not necessarily what someone looking for a tropical holiday might want, barring atypical weather.

https://www.sakuramobile.jp/japan-travel-guide/okinawa-winter-vacation-escaping-the-cold-with-a-trip-to-naha/

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I'll be looking into this later on. Had a quick browse and the flights are quite cheap from Okinawa to Tokyo. I'm compiling a list of potential honeymoon locations so it'll sneak it in as a wild card. The start of our marriage shall be based on subterfuge. Cheers fella!

• Paid Members
On 7/29/2018 at 7:29 PM, air_raid said:

Based on remaining matches for Kenny, assuming him vs Kota is still going to be set up as decisive in B Block, he's nailed on to lose to Zack on Wednesday.

Well, there goes any flickering embers of me pretending to know what I'm talking about.

• Paid Members

Omega not winning the group hinges on him losing to Ishii, basically. Naito can then top it with winning his last two if Ibushi beats Kenny, or Kota can win it by beating Naito then his better half.

Still gotta go Kota.

• Paid Members

I got an email from NJPW World today which, when put into google translate, basically said that my account has been cancelled due to a payment error (which the email said could be my credit card being cancelled, an unpaid fee etc).

There is no issue with my credit card (all my other recurring payments for other bills went ahead today as normal).  Has anyone else had a similar issue before or now?  I see someone else on reddit has.

https://www.reddit.com/r/njpw/comments/8s8a6w/payment_problems_with_njpw_world/

• Paid Members
On 8/2/2018 at 1:07 AM, air_raid said:

Omega not winning the group hinges on him losing to Ishii, basically. Naito can then top it with winning his last two if Ibushi beats Kenny, or Kota can win it by beating Naito then his better half.

Still gotta go Kota.

Didn't realize it's Omega v Ishii and Naito v Kota on the same day, and it's tomorrow. There's two wins between Kenny and Kota, one win between Kenny and Naito. Let's assume Kenny isn't losing to Yano in Yokohama ;

Naito lost to Kenny so he has to beat Kennys points total, not match it. He catches Kenny if he beats Ibushi (which would put the Lover pretty much out of contention). He then has to beat Sanada (Christ) in Yokohama and Zack (Christ) at Budokan and hope Kenny loses to Kota so he wins the group on 16 to Kennys 14.

Kota wins the Block if he matches Kenny's score by winning all three of his remaining matches and Kenny only picks up one more win (against Yano say) and both finish on 14. Regardless of what else Naito does - he could beat Sanada and Zack and also end up with 14 but Kota wins the mini league.

Short version : winner of Naito v Kota decides if at Budokan, Kota is fighting for himself or Naito to top the group.

A draw between Kenny & Kota at Budokan, only causes a tie if they both finish on 13 i.e. Kota has beaten Naito. In which case however...... Naito wins the group with 14 if he's beaten Sanada and Zack!! Holy fuck, this is happening.

Naito v Okada final so Naito can get his win back suddenly looks really fucking good.

One Round left for both blocks which take place this Friday and Saturday with the G1 Final taking place this Sunday.

Standings for the G1 after Night 16

These will be updated after every show.

A Block

Hiroshi Tanahashi 14

‘Switchblade’ Jay White 12

Kazuchika Okada 12

Minoru Suzuki 8 - Eliminated 

Evil 8 - Eliminated 

Michael Elgin 6 - Eliminated 

Hangman Page 6 - Eliminated

Bad Luck Fale 6 - Eliminated

Togi Makabe 4 - Eliminated 

Yoshi Hashi 4 - Eliminated 

B Block

Kenny Omega 12

Tetsuya Naito 12

Kota Ibushi 10

Zack Sabre Jr 10 - Eliminated

Sanada 8 - Eliminated 

Tomohiro Ishii 8 - Eliminated 

Hirooki Goto 6 - Eliminated 

Tama Tonga 6 - Eliminated 

Juice Robinson 4 - Eliminated 

Toru Yano 4 - Eliminated

Latest standings as of 08/08/2018

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I did the maths wrong. Naito can't win B Block unless he wins both his matches, Kenny loses to Yano and Kenny v Kota ends in a draw. Or Kota beats Kenny but couldn't beat Tama Tonga, lol.

Edited by air_raid

So with one round to go these are the potential ends for A Block

If Jay White beats Evil that eliminates Okada.

If Tanahashi wins or draws against Okada he wins A Block,

If both Okada and White win Jay White wins A Block

If Jay White loses to Evil and Okada beats Tanahashi, Okada wins A Block

• Paid Members

Jay White is a marmite guy this year in that you either think he belongs or you don't. I can see why he may be quite polarising to some people, but I love the Jay White character. You mix his great performances in the G1 along with his post-match interviews, and you're looking at a fully fleshed out character. I'm well on board the Jaw White train. 

But I do agree with Air_Raid, in that I don't see Okada facing Tanahashi on behalf of Jay White. There's so many possibilities for this years final and beyond. Two slightly out-of-the-box paths for the blocks; (WARNING: ABSURD, BIASED, ASTOUNDINGLY STUPID ARMCHAIR EWR BOOKING UP AHEAD)

- Tanahashi goes to a draw with Okada, Tanahashi loses in the G1 finals and gets attacked by Jericho afterwards. Tanahashi beats Jericho for the IC belt at KOPW and we get Tanahashi/Okada for the IC belt at WK13. Okada then works a program with fellow CHAOS member Jay White over the IC title and Tanahashi takes time off to finally mend himself.

- Omega wins the G1, he faces Ishii at KOPW in a Championship match as Ishii handed Omega his only G1 loss. Ishii wins the title (I'm sure a nice reward and thank you from the NJPW office for being so gosh darned dependable) and Omega cashes in his G1 win to face Ishii at WK13 for the championship. This obviously will piss off Kota as Kenny was dropping heavy hints that he'd choose him for his WK13 title match. Then you have the dissension of The Golden Lovers throughout 2019, leading to Kenny vs Kota at WK14.

A Tanahashi/Omega G1 Finals would be really interesting considering they've only had one other singles encounter and that was back in Feb' 2016. SANADA is having a breakout G1 so him working a program with Goto over the NEVER title will help separate him from the rest of LIJ. Naito will be looking to avenge his loss at the G1 to Ibushi (as well as his other two singles losses  to  him) so those two can square off at WK13. Juice can defeat Zack at KOPW to help cement himself and the US title, and then get challenged by Jericho for WK13. Zack, frustrated at his G1 performance and losing a US title match shorty after his incredible New Japan Cup run, decides to pick a fight on his Senpai, fucking Suzuki, in order to find his fire again. Jay White joins Fale and GOD to mirror Devitt forming the Bullet Club and sets his eyes on the rest of the Bullet Club.

So, Wrestle Kingdom 13 would look like;

- Omega vs Ishii (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

- Tanahashi vs Okada (IWGP Intercontinetal Championship)

- SANADA vs Goto (NEVER championship)

- Juice vs Jericho (US championship)

- Naito vs Kota

- Sabre vs Suzuki

- White and the GOD vs Scurll, Cody and Page

Chuck in your Jr Tag Title clusterfuck (Suzuki Gun vs R3K vs Sabin/KUSHIA) , Hiromu returning to defend his JR title in a multi-man match (to ease him in back from injury) with Ospreay, Dragon Lee and Ishiimori, and a Heavyweight tag team title match with The Young Bucks taking on Cobb/Elgin (even though I'm personally sour on him) and you're looking at a cracking card.

Obviously, I have a raging throb-on for Ishii and I'm not sure if he'll be recognized by the majority of the New Japan as WK main event caliber. But fuck it, that's what I want.

I haven't fantasy booked anything like that in YEARS. I only sat down to write a short post about Jay White, then suddenly this spawned from me. The wrestling is good, lads.

• Paid Members

I've had it put to me that Naito will be getting his win back from Jericho at Kingdom because he's in the dreaded Nakamura "doesn't need the big belt" spot, underneath Omega v Okada. That leaves Kota as an odd man out, but I suppose considering he's not under contract, they don't feel obliged to full blown make him the fourth pillar. Not that it breaks my heart if he ends up with Tana, MiSu or Ishii.