NJPW World

Sphinx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Kishin Liger has long been one of my favourite things in wrestling, because I love a good powerful image, and some of the photos of that first reveal were incredible. It played into the MUTA "demonic alter-ego" persona better than anyone ever has, and that it's been used so sparingly since, rather than him busting it out for every big show, just makes it so powerful.

That he's completely bald with it now just makes it look even more sinister, and creates a stronger distinction between Kishin and the Liger we're more familiar with. I don't know if the facepaint being smeared and smudged was a result of him wearing the mask over it and working up a sweat, or a conscious design choice, but it also made it all seem so much creepier and more dangerous than if it had all been perfectly smooth, well applied and flawless.

The commentary for the ending of White/Naito was great putting over the fact people were storming out after Naito lost the gold and Gambino being happy about it, good post match promo and comments from White too, he’s the best heel in the business for me.

King Of Pro Wrestling is gonna be must watch with what they’ve already announced plus a possible Kishin Liger/Suzuki Death Match

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

The commentary for the ending of White/Naito was great putting over the fact people were storming out after Naito lost the gold and Gambino being happy about it, good post match promo and comments from White too, he’s the best heel in the business for me.

You sure about this statement? 

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Kishin Liger has long been one of my favourite things in wrestling, because I love a good powerful image, and some of the photos of that first reveal were incredible. It played into the MUTA "demonic alter-ego" persona better than anyone ever has, and that it's been used so sparingly since, rather than him busting it out for every big show, just makes it so powerful.

That he's completely bald with it now just makes it look even more sinister, and creates a stronger distinction between Kishin and the Liger we're more familiar with. I don't know if the facepaint being smeared and smudged was a result of him wearing the mask over it and working up a sweat, or a conscious design choice, but it also made it all seem so much creepier and more dangerous than if it had all been perfectly smooth, well applied and flawless.

Have to agree with the rarely being used thing. Makes it seem only when he loses it and you see the hidden anger in the popular baby face. I think him vs Suzuki will have the crowd on their toes and will be a hell of a way for Liger to end his career.