Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

I hate when they talk about the streak in serious terms.

Like Arn Anderson compAring it to 20 superbowls. Its nothing of the sort.

Undertaker won because WWE booked him to win, the way they go in and out of kayfabe when talking about it with the Undertaker just makes it really silly

Agree totally, they do something like state how legitmate something like the Streak is/was for the sake of Kayfabe, but on other programmes freely admit the likes of Kane used to be Isaac Yankem etc..

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

• Paid Members

The streak is, at least partially, an accident of history though isn't it? I wonder how close he was to ending up on the losing end of the booker's pencil at one of his early to middling Wrestlemanias? (Before people even noticed he had a streak going on.)

Snuka was a glorified jobber in '91 and the Snake was on the way out in 1992, so those were never in question.

I suppose Giant Gonzales was the one that came closest, but I don't suppose they would ever have booked Taker to lose clean.

Maybe Wrestlemania 13 if the wind had been blowing in a different direction? Facing Sid for the title was a bit of a last minute thing wasn't it? 

Wrestlemania 17 vs Triple H must have been a close run thing though.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I hate when they talk about the streak in serious terms.

Like Arn Anderson compAring it to 20 superbowls. Its nothing of the sort.

Undertaker won because WWE booked him to win, the way they go in and out of kayfabe when talking about it with the Undertaker just makes it really silly

Agree totally, they do something like state how legitmate something like the Streak is/was for the sake of Kayfabe, but on other programmes freely admit the likes of Kane used to be Isaac Yankem etc..

I don't even like it when they compare it to the Superbowl tbh. Even though American Football is just bleurgh over here, I can't imagine many people in the USA aren't aware of when the Superbowl is going on. For a start, its on proper telly and not being streamed over the internet or on PPV.

Filling an American Football stadium once a year isn't the same thing.

Edited by garynysmon

That "Ride Along" show, despite being as scripted as most other 'reality' TV, looks like an interesting watch.

I don't think they used footage from that show to promote it, looked like two random clips from Total Divas as I recognised the clip of Paige yelling down her phone from that show and the Bellas are usually filmed riding together on the show too

What a fucking absolute piece of shit the Austin podcast with Paige was. I almost want to recommend it for how crap it was, but it wasn't so morbidly awful that I can.

Austin was disinterested, Paige is clearly a bit of an irritating twat in real life (well, she's young basically, so, comes across full of herself and naive) and the whole thing has a cloud of 'this could have been Austin/Hogan' hanging over it.

An unmitigated disaster. And they must have only picked her because of the Tough Enough connection, but why not Daniel Bryan or The Miz? Fucking hell, even Jey Uso probably would have made for a better hour. A total mess.

• Paid Members

I love Austin, I'll listen to his podcast even if he's got no guest and it's just him talking about shopping at Trader Joe's or what they had for dinner the day before. I only made it about five minutes into that Paige podcast before I had to tap out. She's excruciating to listen to.