Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

• Paid Members

They have started adding WCW nitro from 2000 for those with the willpower to get through them.

How far off having all the Nitros up are they?

I know there were story's of the tape library being a mess when they got it, with some shows possibly lost.

Watching the last Raw of 94. Henry Godwin gets heavily booed in his debut against some jobber. Unusual for that era although it's hard to tell if he was meant to be a face or heel. He was originally a face though.

Those upcoming PPV reports take up such a large part of the show. I miss the card rundowns with graphics and the PPV theme they done for most of the noughties they do seem to have cut out.

Here's the most interesting thing though: During a commercial for the SNES and Megadrive Raw game the voiceover says "Raw is war!". Years before they would use this as a name for the show!

• Paid Members

I'm sure if any Nitros were not in theor collection they'd source it and clean it up. Would be surprised if anything from the 90's they own is iretrieveably lost

Edited by Maverick

Here's the most interesting thing though: During a commercial for the SNES and Megadrive Raw game the voiceover says "Raw is war!". Years before they would use this as a name for the show!

They pretty much used what would eventually be the Raw is War logo when advertising the game too:

wwfraw.jpg

• Paid Members

They have started adding WCW nitro from 2000 for those with the willpower to get through them.

I find WCW 2000 a really easy watch. It's fucking insane and you can pull it apart to your heart's content but it flies by because no crazy shit lasts longer than a few minutes.

• Paid Members

I'm sure if any Nitros were not in theor collection they'd source it and clean it up. Would be surprised if anything from the 90's they own is iretrieveably lost

I'm sure they can get them, but when I checked the other week there were a few gaps in the Nitro time line and wondered when they were likely to fill them in. I'd like to try and work my way through from the start to the end, have one night a week to relax and binge old wrestling.

They've had 15 years to sort the tapes out, so anything worth finding they will have done. The story was there were chunks of stuff missing, incorrectly labeled, chopped and changed or badly stored across the board.

On a related note wasn't the master of supertape 2 beyond repair, or have I imagined that?

Watching the last Raw of 94. Henry Godwin gets heavily booed in his debut against some jobber. Unusual for that era although it's hard to tell if he was meant to be a face or heel. He was originally a face though.

He was a heel at first, and then fell out with the Million Dollar Corporation fairly quickly and turned face.

There's a disclaimer on some of the Nitros I've watched about production issues and the show being incomplete or something.  I'm sure they'd do their best to have every episode on there, even if they've had to source the footage from somewhere other than their own material

Edited by The Dart

He was a heel at first, and then fell out with the Million Dollar Corporation fairly quickly and turned face.
Aha, that one passed me by.

The million dollar corporation are all over this stuff. They're a bigger segment virus than the nWo.