Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

Watched the WCCW one-match episode with Flair vs Kerry in the cage and Hayes as the special ref. Worth 45 minutes of your time, the presentation is sublime, it really feels like a major sporting event - albeit one where they'd let Michael Hayes referee in his jeans.

Currently up to King Of The Ring 2000 in following the Raws and Sds of 2000 and i remember it being odd at the time but as i wss a kid didnt think much of it, but what the hell were they thinking with The Undertaker?

He looks bloody awful, clearly put on a bit of weight and the outfits he's wearing are terrible, he's stinking up the main event scene at the minute and seems so out.of place.

Is there any word from around the time why Undertaker was like he was? He looks so unmotivated as well

Cheers. Any idea why?

The match was shown on PPV along with the movie, sort of a double header type deal, so the cage match itself wasnt connected to a particular event and may have just been taped at one of the massive tv taping a they used to do for Superstars or Wrestling Challenge or something of that ilk in order to be shown at a later date. The Movie & Match PPV was only done as a means of trying to make some of the money back after the film flopped at cinemas.

As far as unaware it wasn't released on Home Video either, so it would just be a random one match upload.

• Paid Members

Just been watching the April 10, 2000 "reboot" episode of Nitro.

Shawn Stasiak screwing up whatever he was attempting to hit on Curt Hennig, then Curt blatantly going "fucked if I'm laying down for that, pick me up and give me your finish" as Jarrett covers him is great, particularly considering the theme of the show.

Tank Abbot should have become the biggest babyface in wrestling for battering Mark Madden.

Currently up to King Of The Ring 2000 in following the Raws and Sds of 2000 and i remember it being odd at the time but as i wss a kid didnt think much of it, but what the hell were they thinking with The Undertaker?

He looks bloody awful, clearly put on a bit of weight and the outfits he's wearing are terrible, he's stinking up the main event scene at the minute and seems so out.of place.

Is there any word from around the time why Undertaker was like he was? He looks so unmotivated as well

T'be fair, he had just returned from a longish stint on the injury list.   Plus it was at the start of the biker gimmick and it was the first time in 10 years he wasn't relying on his darkside character, so it was trial and error looks wise at that point.   Since about mid 97 they had a stacked list of fan favourites - card Shawn, Bret (depending on which country they were in), Taker, Austin, Rock, Foley.   Chances are there would usually be at least two top faces knocking about.   What with Austin being out they may have bought Taker back before he was fully in ring shape because it was just Rock.     

Edited by Doctor Whos Next

When they fucked Mark Madden off towards the end of the year I found Tony and Scott Hudson one of the more bearable WCW configurations ever. Like everything else about the product heading into 2001 they just became honest, enthused and knuckled down with what little they had to work with.

• Paid Members

When they fucked Mark Madden off towards the end of the year I found Tony and Scott Hudson one of the more bearable WCW configurations ever. Like everything else about the product heading into 2001 they just became honest, enthused and knuckled down with what little they had to work with.

I should go back and re-watch this era really. But at the time as a 15-16 year old, I thought Mark Madden was pretty funny. He probably wasn't tbh.

Tank Abbot should have become the biggest babyface in wrestling for battering Mark Madden.

Didn't shut him up though. I think I could listen to Art Donovan more than Madden. He was awful.

How much does that guy weigh?........

Hated Madden, his commentating when Miss Hancock came to the ring was so annoying. Why the hell they employed him or kept him in that position for so long is really baffling to me.