Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

It was the kind of performance where if it had been a public show, I would have expect Vince to take the belt off him tonight. Watched it again to make sure I wasn't being overly critical, but he came over so half arsed almost to point of being disrespectful given who he was talking to.

There was points were Austin was trying so hard to get some sort of enthusiasm out of him, but he was so laid back he was practically horizontal. Austin would hit with a question and then you'd get nothing but dead air while Ambrose contemplated an answer. He just didn't seem like he can come up with anything on the fly, which everyone should be able to do to some degree

That may be the case, but it's not the personality trait that suits being the WWE champion when a large part of your job is to be the face of he company.

I should have kept my mouth shut until I watched it. I don't think Ambrose came off that bad at all. He just clearly didn't want to talk about growing up. If anything it revealed Austin not being a pro watching him get slightly agitated continuing to ask the same questions of him. Which again is fine as we all know and are totally cool with the fact that Austin isn't a professional broadcaster.

I think Austin just wanted a big hearty worked shouty "I earnt this, I'm not letting it go, all my life I have dreamed of this etc etc" promo. Ambrose was just there for a chat and when his retort to Austin's rant was that he does the best he can in brother's sandbox you just knew they weren't on the same level at all.

Fairly enjoyable for what it was but I think this was probably one of the most blatant exposés of Austin being a guy from the old school of thought being flummoxed by a contemporary attitude to the business.

Edited by Sexy Dad

Never liked Ambrose, and this interview just solidified my opinion of him being shite. Boring cunt who can't think on his feet and was too lazy to do a basic bit of research into how Austin's interviews usually go.

Funny montage of the pod: 

• Paid Members

don't think it was as bad as some of you guys are making out. There were some awkward moments, especially the opening ten minutes but i don't hold it against anyone for not wanting to reveal things about their private life that they clearly aren't comfortable talking about (thought Ambrose tried to make out that Austin was trying to coax something out of him which simply wasn't the truth). It wasn't a bad interview though, it was pretty candid, especially the last few minutes and i felt Ambrose babbled a little when he was getting quizzed about something he clearly didn't have an answer for but the contract in two personalities was very apparent. Ambrose' comments about Brock's performance at Wrestlemania was pretty interesting though.

Yeah, it's a bit deluded to expect Austin and Ambrose to be cut from the same cloth. It was no more awkward than, say, the Lesnar interview, albeit for different reasons. Ambrose is a cool fucker.

I'd have liked some focus on his deathmatch past though as there's not a lot of guys with that kind of history about.