Best things to watch on the network?

Jimmy Boy

In terms of personal wishlists that are not at all a priority for them I'd love to see Velocity from 2003 up. That was about the time 12 year old me was all made up with slowly becoming a 'smart' fan and I watched it religiously as a badge of honor. Josh Matthews, Bill DeMott and Shannon Moore were my Sunday morning cereal company for awhile, there.

The pre PPV Heats are also pretty cool and although I wouldn't watch the pre shows these days back then I was a nerdy completionist that would consider them the first hour of a four hour show. I always favoured the Silvervision tapes that had the countdown shows too. Before the internet I learned a hell of a lot of angle backstory through watching the countdown shows. Todd Pettingail was more or less my gateway drug into seeing what Raw looked like before I started watching it.

The WrestleMania X countdown show is honestly one of my strongest memories of wrestling. I loved the Hart feud recap. There's also a bit with Diesel saying he's going to go to Disneyland and Raven talking about what Little Richard might have had for breakfast or something.

I've started re watching raw from 2001 & it is so much fun. The roster is loaded man and the storylines come in thick and fast.

I think I'm going to enjoy this

• Paid Members

For the first couple of years Heat aired on the USA Network.

Speaking of Heat it always puzzled me why Sky didn't acquire the rights to it when it launched in '98.

It's so easy to forget that HeAT (as was) wasn't always a C show, and actually had top draw main events for a while to match was what happening on Raw (except fewer major storyline developments) in a similar dynamic to what they eventually had with Raw and SmackDown. Some of the highlights of Heat matches I used to see on LiveWire (IIRC) made me quite jealous of the States that we weren't getting the full picture.

Ridiculous really, considering that I was watching Nitro and Thunder back to back (more fool me) plus Raw, and whatever night ECW was on Bravo, that too. In 1998 you could have given me wrestling on telly all day every day, and I've have had a tantrum that I needed to sleep and miss some.

We didn't get HeAT until 2000, but for it's first 6 months or so (maybe longer) they showed complete matches from it on our version of Superstars, which didn't exist in America.  So we may as well have been getting it at that point.