WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never seen a crowd go from ape shit to just plain uninterested so quickly as when Orton won. There wasn't even any heat to it, everyone in the crowd just looked instantly bored.

That six man really was something. Everyone except Rowan really impressed me, Harper and Ambrose especially. Harper's big boot and dives were awesome and Ambrose just looked like he was fighting for his life the way he was throwing himself about. Reigns and Rollins looked great, but I am at the stage now where I expect them to so it's harder for them to impress me. This will probably end up being one of my favourite matches this year

• Paid Members

I do hope this is the end between the six of them, because if it ends here then The Shield are arguably the most successful team of all time that didn't end abruptly or overstay their welcome, all 6 men come out looking like gold, and it lasted just the right amount of time rather than have them back and forth forever.

I've never seen a crowd go from ape shit to just plain uninterested so quickly as when Orton won. There wasn't even any heat to it, everyone in the crowd just looked instantly bored.

That six man really was something. Everyone except Rowan really impressed me, Harper and Ambrose especially. Harper's big boot and dives were awesome and Ambrose just looked like he was fighting for his life the way he was throwing himself about. Reigns and Rollins looked great, but I am at the stage now where I expect them to so it's harder for them to impress me. This will probably end up being one of my favourite matches this year

Opinons are opinions and all that but I dont honestly see that Rowan did anything wrong. He's a big bear of a man that clubs the shit out of people and I really enjoyed him doing just that. Rowan gets a lot of unfair rap, but in a world where a lot of big men have forgotten to wrestle like big men hes actually a bit of a breath of fresh air. Give me him over fucking Somoa 'I think I weigh 185' Joe any day.

• Paid Members

Rowan's shoulder charge to Rollins was a cracking spot that popped the crowd. Simple spot made better by great big man work.

Loved the way he was beckoned forth for the double chokeslam was great. He's a really good big man, and even though in the same act as Harper, remains something different to his oppo.

I thought, and I'm a huge fan, that Ambrose was the weaker link of the 6. Not that that means much, they were all fantastic in that match.

I'd like an Ambrose turn and have Wyatt/Ambrose Vs Reigns/Rollins at Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

Tremendous story telling from WWE which sets things up nicely for Raw and 'Mania.

The event really picked up when The Shield/Wyatt's went crazy on each other. Like the main event, the ending was tremendous. Bray Wyatt's face when Reigns starts to break the Sister Abigail hold is a brilliant bit of wrestling. The Wyatt's have so much momentum right now, which is mad considering how rotten they all were when the debuted. All three members are playing their part wonderfully.

I got a wee bit excited when Hogan turned up in a WWE Network ad and even more excited when Rene Young decided to show some cleavage during whatever Christian said.

Hopefully a Batista turn is coming, as his matches and segment are now turning into parts of the show where the fans act like cunts. He's got a ready-made excuse for turning on the fans too and it's quite clear that the company is lacking in quality heels.

The main event was really well produced by WWE, particularly the part where Sheamus gets angry at Orton hiding in the pod and kicks the thing in. Some of Cesaro's parts were mental - the German on Cena while Bryan was on Cena's shoulders, for instance; well good. The ending was really special, as it appeared the fans didn't really believe Bryan had a shot of winning until he kicked out of the RKO, then the place went Sheringham Champions League Final crazy. Again, the production was top notch, with them showing all the fans looking all sad.

Hopefully we get a Sheamus/Cesaro match at Wrestlemania 30.

• Paid Members

Watched the 6 man a second time. It's remarkable actually how the vast majority of the match is actually Seth Rollins and Luke Harper. They really hold the thing together and build it up perfectly for when Reigns gets the hot tag. From that point on it's just wrestling perfection. Rollins and Harper are just spectacular.

I still think Rowan needs to do more, but he's clearly improved. I think because Luke Harper has adapted to the more mental side of his character a lot quicker, Rowan is looking poorer in comparison, but I don't think he did anything wrong in the six man. He played his part in the match being great.

• Paid Members

I thought The Shield and The Wyatts would be epic. But it wasn't. It was off the fucking scale.

I haven't enjoyed a match that much in 10 years. It was pro-wrestling storytelling at it's best. I actually agreed with the "This is awesome" chant before the match even started because it was. It was perfectly booked going in and it had the feel of a big event with the crowd whet with anticipation. Michael Cole even called it brilliantly.

It's hard to live up to that level of expectation but this had everything. I laughed when Ambrose attacked Wyatt with a frenzy of punches and the world's weirdest Lou Thesz press. I winced when Rollings went threw the table. I cheered when Reigns hit the superman punch on Harper. I gaped when Rollins took that move off the top rope and landed on his feet. And I felt for Reigns as he battled alone only to succumb to the greater numbers.

Reigns is the man. It wasn't really in dispute before this. It certainly isn't now. There isn't anything he hasn't got. His offence looks brutal and his selling makes you believe. When he sweeps back that mass of hair and looks through those big blue eyes - he's money. I said a little while ago that I wasn't sure he's complete enough. I'm a dickhead. He's got the lot.

In fairness, there were six great performances in this. And it told the story beautifully of The Wyatt's cold, calculating style outlasting The Shield's rash, aggressiveness. The Shield's desire to dominate saw them make small mistakes that left Reigns to fend for himself. The finish made Wyatt and Reigns look like the superstars they are and the whole match took six guys to another level.

It also opened many possibilities. What happened to Ambrose? Was he beaten down or did he walk away? Does Rollins feel the others let him down? Is he desparate for revenge on the Wyatts? Reigns surely is isn't he? And Bray Wyatt vs. Reigns is a money match somewhere down the line.

I don't know when I last watched a match twice. I'm off to watch this again.

• Paid Members
Yeah. Rowan's come leaps and bounds from nearly melting his mask to his face and looking so clumsy it beggared belief. Unlimited improvement.

Definitely the most improved wrestler over the past twelve months. Harper always looked like he had the markings of a decent wrestler- and after a stuttering start on the main roster he's proved it over the past few months. Rowen however was shit- plain and simple. Always looked totally lost out there and all over the place- not in an unhinged good way to suit his character either. He's decent in his role now, fair play to him.

Just watched the six-man. Incredible. Might be my favourite six-man of all-time. Definitely my favourite Shield match, which is quite the feat in itself. Everyone put in a shift. Rollins and Harper's spots just past the halfway mark were brilliant but Reigns' hot tag was on another level. Him running around the outside to drop one of the Wyatts with a dropkick on the apron was class.

It's going to be hard to beat that match this year.

I've never rated AJ as greatly as some (I read- not here I don't think- someone that had the gall to say AJ was the hottest Diva all time, ahead of Trish and Stacy), but that little move caused a diversion of blood flow.

Another thought on the Wyatts/Shield match- most of us called it a toss up going in, with a lean towards Wyatts because of the upcoming Cena program, but when you think about the build-up, Wyatts HAD to win. They used the strongest verbiage I can recall in some time in wrestling, with multiple references to death, "Are you willing to die for this?" "You picked a beautiful hill to die on." The fact that the Wyatts made such strong statements and then followed through possibly establishes them more than the win itself. These aren't your typical cowardly, lying heels, they're demented monsters who will spook you with eloquent promises to fuck you up, and then proceed to do just that.

With that, Bray Wyatt might have become the most credible heel in WWE. A shit ton better than anything Randy Orton's done in the past 6 months, anyway.

Archived