WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Top flight PPV, that. Fuck me, how awesome a shift did Sheamus put in tonight? Wonderful stuff. Cesaro wasn't far behind. The dead lift German to a Bryan-carrying Cena was majestic. The Wyatt/Shield tussle lived up to my expectations too. Only clunkers were the women and the Prime Time Playas.

Fine show. Crowd annoyed me during the Batista match though.

Well sadly Lesnar didn't turn up as I'd hoped.

Not a bad PPV but I thought the Main Event could have ended abit better. Thought it was very obvious what was going to happen as soon as Kane came to tell the Wyatt's to leave. I'm not a Bryan at all but I'm still unclear to why Orton has retained the title. Also the biggest low of the event had to Titus Vs Young. What a boring match.

It was worth staying up for the 6 Man Tag match which was absolutely awesome. Roman Reigns is the money.

During the PPV I began thinking the wwe has some phenomenal athletes and probably the best line of athletes on a roster they've had. Yet they really don't know how to make the majority in anyway interesting.

Every fan really should watch the 6-man tag from start to finish, fantastic stuff, so much fun, jaw-dropping sequences.

There were some fine performances in the main event but it became very obvious very quickly that the most predictable last third you could think of was going to happen, and it took away from the match somewhat. The commentary was awful throughout, and at the end also.

Everything else was pretty useless. EDIT: The opener was good for an opener, the fans helped it a bit too.

• Paid Members

Crowd annoys me during most matches. Though there was a highlight of screening to a guy in an Orton T Shirt who couldn't have looked more pissed that he won. Some top class selling of your WrestleMania main event, talk about it as you show such wonderful enthusiasm from everyone in the crowd.

Looking more like it could be Kane vs Bryan at WrestleMania which will be nowhere near the top of the card, possibly even an opener. Fucking dreadful really. This is easily the worst Kane's been since Katie Vick.

Show itself was a cracker, enjoyed nearly every match (PTP match was a bit of a bore) and liked the reaction from AJ after her DQ loss, slight hint of tension with Tamina is always a good cracker for a storyline. Would like her to defend and keep the belt at WM though, but then I am a bit of a big fan of her's.

Batista match was pretty good but there's definitely something up with his arm off the Batista Bomb, it was completely fine, he lands it and immediately the pain he was in was evident. That or I'm massively underestimating his selling abilities. Crowd is going to drown out his match with Orton though, should be an interesting watch.

Chamber match itself, Sheamus was fantastic, Cesaro had a blinder. Christian even wasn't that bad of a gobshite which is a positive. Kinda hoped the Wyatt Family wouldn't come out but play the vignette to distract Cena, then when Hulkamania is out tomorrow night, they appear with Cena there for the save. Some can simply dream.

Overall it's got me hyped for Mania, which is Chamber's only real job these days so its one well done.

• Paid Members
The Shield vs The Wyatt Family has been one of the best built up feuds in absolutely ages so cant wait to see the match and what happens after.

My balls are still aching from that match. Good PPV, but.... that fucking match.

• Paid Members

Worth watching for the 6-man and Batista and Orton rightfully still getting booed out of the building any time they do anything, but it felt a bit flat overall.

Everything involving Randy Orton, Bryan and Kane now is so predictable it isn't even worth doing, and it's building up to two matches nobody wants to even see.

Batista is getting booed on every PPV and Raw he shows up on, so blaming it on smart crowds just isn't cutting it anymore, nobody wants him there and he looks like shit.

The best thing about WWE at the minute is that for once they actually seem like they want to push new stars at a constant and healthy rate, not just have them trade wins or get a big victory and go back to losing in the mid-card a week later. Cesaro, Big E, Wyatts and Shield are being pushed properly and it's refreshing and interesting to watch.

Everyone looked great in the main event except Orton, which is dumb because he's the champion. He didn't even look chicken-shit heel bad, he just comes across like a fanny who can't get the job done. Two of his eliminations tonight came from three separate interferences from four guys, yet even Christian who looks like a condom full of custard got a clean pin over Sheamus. I really hope that Randy vs Batista gets a Lesnar/Goldberg reaction at 'Mania, because they are both fucking awful.

The top two matches delivered in spades.

Shield vs. Wyatts, wow. The atmosphere was incredible, and while Reigns had the big spotlight of being the sympathetic babyface, Rollins was a revelation. His performance in that match has me convinced he could be a top babyface in the future, he almost did "Daniel Bryan" better than Daniel Bryan.

The Chamber was as good as I've seen in a long time, thanks in part to actually using the structure, which I felt like they've toned down a lot in recent years. Every competitor looked good coming out of that, even Christian. Having all six men in the Chamber was a nice touch, and the last couple of near falls with Bryan and Orton even had me fooled, despite being 110% convinced of an Orton victory going in.

Loved seeing Batista get visibly crushed by the crowd here. I've seen him be angry at defiant crowds but he genuinely seemed to have his feelings hurt here. Be less shit, Dave.

Big E vs. Swagger was a nice surprise, both guys worked hard and showed great athleticism. Big E has to do something about his busting open of his opponent in every other match though.

Uso vs. NAO was probably the best match the Outlaws have had since they returned, which isn't saying a great deal, but it was still pretty fun. Here's hoping this leads to a Tag Team Turmoil where the Usos get their moment, they deserve it.

Bit surprised they've had Hulk's first words back in WWE be in some little Network spot.

Very good show.

• Paid Members

Great show.

The tone of that Bryan loss was a lot different to all the others. It's slightly risky doing that finish again with him, but just listen to the way Cole was selling it. Going on about how the shit had been happening since Summerslam and how Daniel Bryan was the better wrestler, despite his injury, *cut to neck beards crying in the crowd*.

Raw tomorrow, or next week at the latest, Bryan over Kane, either with a stip that puts him in the World Title match, or we lead to Bryan/HHH. That has to be where they're going.

And yeah, smarky crowd or not, it's clear at this point nobody wants to see Batista. He got booed by a pushover Denver crowd last week on Raw and he was only in a backstage segment. It's not all his fault but he hasn't helped by being so utterly visibly shite. So bad Del Rio of all people are getting cheered over him. What a disaster.

• Paid Members

I'll give it until tomorrow night since its the Network launch and its meant to be a big occasion to see what happens but all in all a good PPV, loved the main event and the superb 6 man tag, but they can't be going with an Orton/Bootista main event, triple threat with Bryan or something surely...

• Paid Members

Who's thinking Hogan puts Bryan in the title match at WrestleMania? It did seem very "is there no justice in the world bah gawd!" when Bryan lost instead of the usual "oh, he needs to get his revenge on Kane, like". I could definitely see that. You could always do Reigns against Triple H or something.

The IC Title match and the main event felt like something from a 1991 WCW show - it was proper hard hitting, clubberin' shit, lovely. 6 Man was actually far better than I expected. I honestly thought that having a straight 6 man tag with no gimmick would lead to a bit of a let-down, just because of how brilliant the build-up was. Dead fucking wrong. Gotta be match of the year so far. Good, fun PPV overall really. I feel a bit sorry for big Dave getting boo'd everywhere. Not that he's all that bothered I'm sure, but he's got the raw deal from the Bryan booking fuck ups around the Rumble time and has taken the brunt of the backlash. He'd have probably been accepted far better under almost any other circumstances. I imagine the fat wad of cash and diva selection is keeping him smiling.

Surely with Cole hammering home the "Fuck this! It's being going on for months, Bryan should be champion" more emphatically than ever as the PPV closed, they have to stick him in the Mania title match? The power of Hulkamania has to stick Bryan in there right? Otherwise.. what the fuck? They've been pushing the fact that Bryan is often forced to wrestle twice per night, so they should just do the deal where he has to go through Triple H at Mania to get put into the Title match. If not H, then do it with Kane.

I think it's a bit unfair the stick Batista has been getting but he's not helped himself. He's been absolute shite since he came back. When the fans start chanting for Del Rio over you, you know it's not going well.

That 6 man tag was fucking sublime, everything about it was great. Bray Wyatt looked like he was in trouble 3 or 4 months ago, he'd had 2 or 3 shocking matches and the Wyatt Family were going nowhere but in the last 2 or 3 months he's been brilliant. He's having great matches, his promos are compelling and he just looks like a star.

I think the whole Shield vs Wyatt Family program is up there with my favourite feuds ever. It's been booked to perfection.

Archived