WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

Top show overall, and like mentioned the finish to tonight felt a bit different like they're on the verge of something interesting actually happening with the title for the first time in ages rather than that usual sense of feeling like being kicked in the bollocks and having an old nappy rubbed vigorously in your face by your ex as your boss watches on, wanking.

Match of the night is either between the 6 man or the chamber. Everybody came out of both matches looking like fucking stars.

The crowd were bellends during that Batista match, but he's just getting shitter and shitter. Del Rio can be fine and he was entertaining enough during this, but Dave's just losing his arse. I don't know how they're going to go ahead with him and Orton in the main event, or if they intend to, but if things continue the way they are up until the big day with nobody giving a fuck about Randy and people booing fuck out of Batista it's going to be bicycle clip time for the two of them.

Optimistic, anyway.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Vince, you'd think Dem Wans would have stopped getting worked up about Bryan not winning by now, especially because nobody even expected him to tonight. But sure enough, teenagers and retards the Internet over are crying about it. He's managing to play them like a fiddle even now, and it should build well to a big moment for Bryan.

Sheamus was incredible in the chamber match. I wasn't too impressed with anyone else in that match, a few lovely spots aside. Bryan's no-selling at points was the sort of thing Fin Martin would carve into his own arm if Cena did it.

The six-man was truly brilliant. Loved the ending as well. Everyone came out of it looking good and with somewhere to go. Rollins has played a blinder over the course of the Shield breakup, and he did some great stuff tonight to stand out.

The Wyatt-Shield match was brilliant. Can't praise it enough, it was all booked so perfectly and the match itself really was tremendous. I can't remember a match feeling so big time in the last 18 months, and every person in that match delivered. Great stuff. Reigns taking the fall made it seem all the more of a deal.

Bryan kicking out of the RKO after the interference had me fooled for a second, but then they just repeated the spot with him getting pinned, so...eh? I suppose they can push Bryan kicking out of the RKO if that's where they're going.

"Boo-tist-a." Despite ratings, I don't see how they can keep pushing someone that gets such negative/apathetic reactions from the crowd. Without Bryan, that title match is going to die on its arse at WM.

• Paid Members
Who's thinking Hogan puts Bryan in the title match at WrestleMania?

Totally. I'm still convinced they won't go with Batista VS Orton one-on-one as the crowd will murder it, and it's the ideal opportunity for Bryan to finally get his heat back. A win over Triple H won't be enough now, it has to be the big one for the title. And they won't dare put Kane in a suit VS Bryan on Wrestlemania, as Benno suggest I reckon they'll get that match done and dusted on a Raw. If not tomorrow, then a week or so down the line.

Maybe Triple H won't wrestle at Mania after all? They're pressed for time if they go with him VS Reigns aren't they?

• Paid Members

I know the plan is apparently Cena vs Wyatt but they should knock that shit on the head. We need more Shield vs Wyatts...chemistry this good comes across once a generation. We need a rematch at Wrestlemania and it needs to be a street fight. This isn't a one month fued, this needs to get bigger. Epic stuff.

Though he offers basically nothing in 2014, I do kind of hope Kane is in a match at WM30 because (if you include the pre-show) it will be his 17th in a row.

That's an amazing record that will probably never be beat.

• Paid Members

I had to stay up and watch this live so I could review it for The Sabotage Times (plugnificent) but I'm glad I did because aside from Titus v Young and AJ v Cameron it was a cracking event. Swagger v Big E was a superb match but I just want to echo the love for The Wyatts v The Shield. Such a shame there won't be a WM rematch because that was such a brilliant match. Rowan and Harper have improved an amazing amount and Rollins was absolutely superb. Everyone was. What a match and really encouraging from six relative youngsters as well.

Also, if they take Barrett's gavel away and stick him back in mid-card matches then they're stupid. He was brilliant last night even improvising some bits when his platform broke. Also, Zeb Colter's theory that illegal immigrants caused the polar vortex was a fantastic way to start the event. Dutch Mantell is a truly, truly great man.

Really enjoyed the show last night, big thumbs up from match, pretty much due to the quality of the wrestling on the show.

Big E/Swagger was a really enjoyable opener. Big E is starting to grow on me, would like to see him against someone like Christian at Mania, would be a decent little undercard match.

Sheild/Wyatts as everyone is saying was bloody fantastic, a early MOTY candidate, don't think I've ever heard a this is awesome chant start before a match. All 6 guys were terrific here, Rollins really stood out, he for sure could make a decent living as a underdog babyface. Rollins was awesome yet again, the guy has money written all over on him. The Wyatts have become such a great act too, seeing where they was after the Kane feud to now is a great testament to the guys themselves and the WWE for sticking with them. Harper and Rowan also seem to be getting better all the time.

This should of happened at Mania no doubt, I'm now sold on Wyatt and want to see him step up against Cena but a 6 man street fight at Mania would of ruled.

The Chamber match was pretty great too, Mainly due to Cesaro and Sheamus. Really hope they keep with the Cesaro push, Some of the stuff he was pulling out was a joy to watch. Sheamus may be the most underrated guy on the roster, match quality wise he delivers all the time.

The ending was predictable and I kinda of groaned when Kane was the guy to screw Bryan but unlike the rumble you could see hope at the end of tunnell for Bryan.

The way Cole sold the ending I have do doubt Mania goes of the air with Bryan celebrating with the title as a payoff to the story, being endorsed by Hogan and whoever else is there. If they don't then they have lost their minds, Batista/Orton is now in the complete shitter. Im now sure how they are going to get Bryan in the match mind, which is kind of exciting, I'd personally like to see him do double duty and wrestle HHH on the show before coming back to win at the end.

Bryan/HHH

Bryan/Batista/Orton

Cena/Wyatt

Taker/Lesnar

Shield 3 way.

That looks more of a solid Mania line up than what was floating around a month ago.

Awesome match by the Wyatts and Shield, these guys are the reason I enjoy tuning into WWE at the moment. Such an awesome 25 minutes there, filled with some memorable spots. Sadly the majority of the rest of the PPV was predictable, still enjoyed it but it's nice to look at a PPV thinking you know what will happen but getting genuinely surprised.

Batista getting jeered and heckled, well it is happening an awful lot now and I think WWE should be worried by this and sort something out, adding Bryan to the main event of WrestleMania would be the right thing to do. Maybe have him face Kane earlier in the night, with the stipulation if he wins he'll be added to the main event and if he loses maybe he's fired or he won't get another Title shot or something like that. Have him win and then go on to win the Title, imagine the reaction to that. Sadly I don't think it will go down that way and it's just damaging everything. The main event is a match no one really wants to see, Batista should be the face but is getting heckled and if they don't pull the trigger with Bryan getting the gold at 'Mania then I just think they'll have damaged that too as it's getting to the point now where it's gone far too long. The pay off would be seeing him in front of a huge crowd getting his revenge on the bad guys, winning the Title at the biggest event of the year which will have the biggest attendance and thus will have the most memorable and biggest reaction. If they wait until Extreme Rules or another PPV then they'll lose that moment, yeah the crowd will still cheer and so on and he'll get his revenge and the Title but it won't have the same magnitude of doing it at WrestleMania. They basically have the most obvious thing to do at WrestleMania to be certain of having their WrestleMania moment of the year with the crowd going wild, it is guaranteed that will all happen if they have Bryan win the Title but instead it looks like they're going with something that the majority of fans don't want to see.

• Moderators

Batista is *awful* isn't he? The absolute pits. I don't blame the crowd for pissing about during that drivel. It's not good enough when you've got the likes of the brilliant Wyatt/Shield match, and a much higher standard in general than he can deliver, so nobody should be surprised when everyone starts the vocal equivalent of the Mexican wave. He might look alright in a suit, but in the ring, he's stiff (in his movements; his stuff's so loose it looks like it's barely connecting), unfluid, and I don't buy him as a threat at all.

Are people just behind Swagger and Cesaro in general? Can't imagine ever getting behind Swagger. As for the opener, highly enjoyable stuff between the two and my favourite Big E match so far, and an impressive showing for him as well. Good hot crowd for it as well.

Still a bit surreal seeing the New Age Outlaws looking in such good nick as the tag champs in 2014. There's a bit of a confusing moment here, as the Usos go for dives, and the Outlaws move, and the Usos have a moan about that in the direction of the Outlaws. What were they saying?

"You should have just stood there and took the dives dammit!"

Anyways, 2 for 2 for good matches on the show. Two very good teams in there though, so didn't surprise me like the opener did.

I'd prefer the fans to wait until they have a reason to shit on a match before they do so. Because they got such a reason with Titus/Young. Incredibly some fans try and get behind this shitfest at one point.

The Shield vs. The Wyatts. Firstly, the day that six guys staring at each other is "awesome" is the day I stop watching, because there'd have to be a serious fucking drop in standards. Expectations were rightly high though. This was pretty special. My expectations were pretty high and I was still stunned by how much fun this was. The Reigns comeback sucked me right in, and the ending sucked the life out of me, but it was brilliantly done as The Wyatts took them out one by one by the end. Stunning.

Following that was always going to be a difficult task, but AJ and Cameron were clearly never up for the task. The only fun bits were when they mocked each other.

The Bad News Barrett stuff was fun all night, but the WWE Network one was the best. It's the #BnB stamped on at the end that makes these segments for me. It's a cracking cherry on the cake.

I always enjoy watching Del Rio. Especially when he ups the aggression like he did here. Reminiscent of the match with Dolph Ziggler where he attacked the head. Still a pretty average match though. Didn't buy into the ADR win at all and that didn't help.

The lack of reactions Christian gets always amuses me. Babyface? Who cares. New heel turn? Who cares. There was a wealth of talent in this so this was actually the match I was looking forward to the most. I don't think it was as good as Shield/Wyatts, but it certainly wasn't disappointing. Don't think there was anyone who didn't look great at least at some point in this one. Cesaro had the best showing I reckon. Also, thought it was funny that the announcer sounded gutted he was out as well. The ending sequence with Bryan and Orton was hot as hell which helped close it well.

So aye, I highly enjoyed this show.

Shield v The Wyatts was as good as any match I have seen in years, stunning match and if that is not match of the year then we have a fucking treat in store for us coming up later in the year.

Amazing what can happen when two teams are booked and presented to look like monsters and killers, the crowd totally bought into it and every man involved put on a a hell of a show.

Really enjoyed the chamber match as well, Sheamus was the star of this one although I thought Christian done ok as well, his splash from the top of the chamber was stunning and he looked like he really fucked himsellf up with it.

Hilarious to see the reaction to Bryan the constant loser, lose again, what were people expecting.

Really enjoyed the Big E match with one exception, sell the fucking ankle Big Man. That was supposed to be Swaggers finisher yet Big E shruged it off twice as if nothing happened.

Stuff like that annoys me more than it should.

Even Bryan was at it in the main event with his forgetting to sell his shoulder.

Is selling not important in wrestling anymore?

• Paid Members
Are people just behind Swagger and Cesaro in general? Can't imagine ever getting behind Swagger.

Personally I like Swagger, though he hasn't been as good as he was with his soaring eagle. Given the right push, he could be a solid top but not main guy.

Pretty awesome PPV, the 6 man and the Chamber matches delivered. Agree with the shouts of Match of the Year for the six man, it was spellbinding although where did Ambrose go for the finish, was expecting him to fly back over the barricade to break up the pin but it never happened. The Batista/ADR match was poor but that was partially due to the two faced crowd who cheered big Dave when he come out then booed him during the match. The IC match was hard hittingly decent, the Tag title match was ok but needed more time to gel, the Kickoff match was very good particularly the spot before the commercials with Cody and Goldust doing the dueling dives to the floor. The two worst matches were Cameron/AJ and O'Neil/Young

As for the Bryan situation, I actually think he will face Kane at Mania but with a stipulation put in by either a returning Vince, Hogan or the Authority that if he wins then the WWE title match becomes a triple threat and Kane would lose his job as DOO. Have Bryan win but get a post match beatdown but come back bandaged up for the title match and have him win against all odds with the show ending with him holding the belt and 70,000 fans chanting YES

Archived