WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 Discussion

KingOfMetal

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quietly excited for this.

The Shield vs The Wyatt Family has been one of the best built up feuds in absolutely ages so cant wait to see the match and what happens after. I think Big E may lose to Swagger and it should be a decent match, at least its fresh (I think) we havent seen it before. Batista's destruction of Del Rio might be fun to watch and there is something unpredictabled about the EC match itself. Excited to see how it plays out.

Anyone think big Mark might show up on Sunday signalling his intentions for 'mania rather than Monday now that they have revealed Hogan?

• Paid Members
Anyone think big Mark might show up on Sunday signalling his intentions for 'mania rather than Monday now that they have revealed Hogan?
As much as I'd love them to, I don't think they have plans for Mark Henry at Mania this year.

That's the only big Mark I can think of. You can't mean undertaker, because calling wrestlers their real names makes you a divot.

This PPV is really, really significant, not just for being the final stop before Wrestlemania 30, but it's the last ever domestic WWE PPV, so they'll want to entice people to join the Network by firing on all cylinders with an epic show. I think it's been said before, but I think it deserves reiterating right before the event.

For that reason, I can really see a Lesnar appearance happening. People have said it'd be a bad move to put him on unadvertised, but having a surprise return here- particularly if it is to Edge/Kofi his way into the Chamber- will drive home the idea that "anything can happen in WWE". WWE may be a bit mad at Kane for him letting the cat out of the bag, but then again it may have been a way to slyly advertise him, but not really advertise him, covering all bases. It'd be weird for Lesnar to make a mission statement about wanting the WWE title, and then slink away and not get involved with a big WWE title match in his hometown.

Looking forward to this show. Some of the results seem very obvious and formulaic, and the Chamber isn't the spectacle it once was, but if I was paying for this, Shield vs. Wyatts would be the reason I'm forking my money over. Thinking about the general anticipation for this match, and I wonder- is this the biggest match WWE have made with full time roster members in years? Most of the truly significant matches in the last 3/4 years have involved part time stars- Rock, Lesnar, Undertaker. I really believe that six man tag will hold a special place in history when the dust settles, given the plans WWE have for Wyatt and Reigns.

It'd be weird for Lesnar to make a mission statement about wanting the WWE title, and then slink away and not get involved with a big WWE title match in his hometown.

Because its not real and they dont want to give him the belt, maybe?

Fuck's sake, why do you always take little digs like "LOL Shane thinks wrestling's real"? I'm saying it doesn't make sense in terms of storyline. If WWE had no intention of having him in or near a title match, then the basis of his return promo shouldn't have been "Brock want championship".

I agree it would be kind of stupid to have Brock say that and then not go after the title but how else would you have brought him back? I mean other than the streak there wouldn't be that many reasons for him to return unannounced. I really do hope he wins the belt tomorrow but I can't see him being there unfortunately.

• Paid Members
Fuck's sake, why do you always take little digs like "LOL Shane thinks wrestling's real"? I'm saying it doesn't make sense in terms of storyline. If WWE had no intention of having him in or near a title match, then the basis of his return promo shouldn't have been "Brock want championship".

To set up a match with the Undertaker. I never said you thought it was real. I'm asking you to try and make sense out of a television show not based on any truth coming out of the mouths of the heels. Nothing points to Brock winning the WWE title. Not to say it wont happen, but the whole thing about him wanting the title shot is to set him up going on a rampage which leads to Undertaker coming out and derailing the beast. I'm stunned so many people cant see how obvious that was. Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton and Batista have been focused on the WWE title. Batista is going to WrestleMania to wrestle the Chamber winner. Who wants to see a babyface Batista vs a heel Brock in the 4th match of WrestleMania? Who's Undertaker going to wrestle? Orton?

I'm all for Brock going on a rampage and Undertaker stopping him, that is how I saw Undertaker vs. Lesnar coming together. I've heard Undertaker being referred to as the conscience of the WWE, so that would tie together nicely. My problem is, part of that rampage should involve going after the champion or contenders. Historically, when someone has wanted the championship, they attack the champion at some point. It's harder here, because Orton is a heel, so that's why he needs to take out a contender to declare his presence. That's why the Chamber thing would work. Not saying it's absolutely what should happen, because then Lesnar would have to take an unnecessary loss for starters. Even if he jumped someone and then security took him away (get the riot squad out to make Brock look more badass). It's the type of thing that would add extra spark to an important show.

If Brock's going to go on this rampage, I want him beating up the Christians of the world, maybe take a shot at Bryan, someone associated with the title picture. If you're Brock and you want to make your claim towards a title shot, fine. Beating up Cody Rhodes doesn't make that statement. Actually, I like the idea of Lesnar attacking Bryan- either at the Chamber to give him an out for losing, or on Raw. Then have Taker come out to set things right.

Archived